Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

They are unfairly difficult. :(

Here's an unedited pic of no. 4. First to Google it should be able to locate it! :D

Baggot Street then;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Google don't throw much up on no. 4...LOL

Is it Nrth king st?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 GutShot@CHLs

1 is the pub on the corner of kevin st and capel st

(trickyd at work)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

[QUOTE=gurramok

Is it Nrth king st?[/QUOTE]

+ 1 and guess Parnell St for No 4....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

(trickyd at work)

Think you mean Bolton st. Ages since i passed there, its a good answer!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 GutShot@CHLs

bolton st of course. getting my DITs mixed up - maybe cos I've just been sending job vacancies to them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I think Victor was right and 1 is GUBU

Picture003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

BendiBus wrote: »
    Did it not close for a while, and recently open as something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

cast_iron wrote: »
    Did it not close for a while, and recently open as something else?

Passed it a couple of nights ago and it's now called "Pantibar".

Think I'll stick with the diggers so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

They are unfairly difficult. :(

Here's an unedited pic of no. 4. First to Google it should be able to locate it! :D

4-24.jpg

North King Street. Sorry was out all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I'm afraid not tricky D.

*blinks*

That's very impressive meglome! Well done! :D:D It's Catherine Lane.

Here's a GE image of Catherine Lane.

CatherineLane.jpg

No 'maybes' about it! :D

It is indeed the Dublin District Court on North Brunswick Street (formerly the Richmond Hospital). Well done. :)

3-26.jpg

I recognised those cottages and the 1770 sign immediately but for the life of me I couldn't remember where the sign was from, knew it was along the luas line. Took me an hour to remember where I knew the cottages from. I'm getting old.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

gurramok wrote: »
    Is it Nrth king st?
    Yes it is! :D (across from the intersection with Bow Street).

(trickyd at work)
    No.
    + 1 and guess Parnell St for No 4....
    No.
    gurramok wrote: »
    Think you mean Bolton st. Ages since i passed there, its a good answer!.
    No.

Picture003.jpg
    Interesting but not the pic I took! Did Victor not answer GUBU for no. 4? Perhaps there's a few Baxendales.

The one I took is at the corner of Capel Street and Great Strand Street.

Now, who's next with a few?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I have a day off today (yay) so i'll be knocking about the city centre. I'll take the camera with me and get a few pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

I'm back who's got a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Interesting but not the pic I took! Did Victor not answer GUBU for no. 4? Perhaps there's a few Baxendales.

Victor wrote: »
    1. GUBU Bar (?) on Capel Street.
    I don't keep up with the names of the gay bars as much these days. ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Then it is the same place just a new paintjob (and a new name?).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Here's a couple from today.
    DPG001.jpg
    2 - Where's the Clock?
    DPG002.jpg
    3 - Who has a pubic bar on the side?
    DPG003.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

3 is the Mont Clare Hotel

latenia wrote: »
    3 is the Mont Clare Hotel

Spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Is number 1 Greenes Bookshop?

• Advertisement

boneless wrote: »
    Is number 1 Greenes Bookshop?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Is no1 Church Street

and no2 in Ranelagh

Quality wrote: »
    Is no1 Church Street

and no2 in Ranelagh

No and No, sorry.

Then it is the same place just a new paintjob (and a new name?).
    :confused: Then it must have been painted and renamed in the past 5 days! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is no.1 Suffolk Street? Some of the upper shop fronts are similar, but the building number seens high.

Is the clock on the Royal Liver(?) Insurance building?

Victor wrote: »
    Is no.1 Suffolk Street? Some of the upper shop fronts are similar, but the building number seens high.
    Nope
    Is the clock on the Royal Liver(?) Insurance building?

Nope, dont think so. Where's the Royal liver building (other than in Liverpool - couldnt quite walk that far today)??

deswalsh wrote: »
    Nope, dont think so. Where's the Royal liver building (other than in Liverpool - couldnt quite walk that far today)??
    Royal Liver Assurance House
    1 Grand Parade
    Dublin 6 ;)

Royal Liver Assurance House
    1 Grand Parade
    Dublin 6 ;)

Still no then I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

no.1 is reminding me of the area around the Lincoln Inn pub/Dental Hospital. Just a few seconds from the Montclare which is probably why I'm thinking of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement