Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

eirebhoy wrote: »
    no.1 is reminding me of the area around the Lincoln Inn pub/Dental Hospital.
    That's what I thought too, when I first saw it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

eirebhoy wrote: »
    no.1 is reminding me of the area around the Lincoln Inn pub/Dental Hospital. Just a few seconds from the Montclare which is probably why I'm thinking of it.

No further west.
    I'm off to me leaba anois so I'll leave those two with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

No 2 The Clock.. I can see it but can't place it so I'm throwing out a wild guess and thats the corner of Nicholas St and High St, I'm thinkin its up there lookin at Me when stopped at the lights at Jurys Christ Church heading for Thomas St..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭GBX

might the clock be in rathmines?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

No 1 I'm guessing is either Baggot Street or Abbey Street.

Haven't a clue about the clock.

That pub on the corner of Capel Street and Strand street used to be Gubu but it had been closed for a few months. When they took the Gubu sign off that Baxendale text was underneath.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Dubsmax wrote: »
    No 2 The Clock.. I can see it but can't place it so I'm throwing out a wild guess and thats the corner of Nicholas St and High St, I'm thinkin its up there lookin at Me when stopped at the lights at Jurys Christ Church heading for Thomas St..:D

No
    GBX wrote: »
    might the clock be in rathmines?
    No
    meglome wrote: »
    No 1 I'm guessing is either Baggot Street or Abbey Street.

Two very far flung guesses. One is very nearly correct so perhaps you could elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

deswalsh wrote: »
    No

No

Two very far flung guesses. One is very nearly correct so perhaps you could elaborate?

Middle Abbey Street :) Just looks very like the buildings along there (Lower Abbey Street too)

meglome wrote: »
    Middle Abbey Street :) Just looks very like the buildings along there (Lower Abbey Street too)

Well done Meglome, middle Abbey street it is. The New york Laundry to be precise.
    DPG001AMidAbbeySt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Is the Clock at DIT - Aungier St.

Is the Clock at DIT - Aungier St.

No, it is southside though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I can remember seeing that clock recently... is it on a building on the canal at Leeson Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

I've definitely seen that clock before, somewhere in Dublin 2 , maybe Nassau St ?

I've definitely seen that clock before, somewhere in Dublin 2 , maybe Nassau St ?

Not Nassau St., but getting very warm!!

deswalsh wrote: »
    Not Nassau St., but getting very warm!!

Sorry Des, of course I meant Dawson St. ;) maybe on a bookshop ?

Sorry Des, of course I meant Dawson St. ;) maybe on a bookshop ?

Go on yer close enough though! It's inside the Hibernian Way.
    I was tempted to crop it down to just the Nativity scene below the clock, but that would have been too cruel!

Whos next then?

DPG002AhibernianWay.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Excellent pics deswalsh. The type you kick yourself when you see the answer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I have a few I am going to stick up, HOpe I am not stepping on any toes!!

First 3.....

Get these into ya!!

Ok Best of Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

is number 3 up at the top of camden street. at the bleeding horse?

• Advertisement

Ideo wrote: »
    is number 3 up at the top of camden street. at the bleeding horse?

Yes well done:D:D:D

I know a few of them but I'm only going to have a go at no. 2 cos I reckon it could cause problems.....Griffith Rd in Finglas...

I know a few of them but I'm only going to have a go at no. 2 cos I reckon it could cause problems.....Griffith Rd in Finglas...

Very very close,,,,:):):) However its not Griffith.......:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

pic 2 is between beanevin and mother of divine grace primary

pic 2 is between beanevin and mother of divine grace primary

But can you name it?????

Quality wrote: »
    But can you name it?????

Ferndale so and is no 1 in Wadelai ?

collins row

Ferndale so and is no 1 in Wadelai ?

Ferndale ave YES:D:D:D

No 1 Wadelai NO:(:(:(

collins row

No, But you named it without naming it;);)

• Advertisement

what do ya mean ? do you mean : pic 2 is collins row ?

edit : sorry i get ya now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement