Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Dufresne wrote: »
    Is 3 Cuckoo Lane?
    Spot on Dufresne - well done. :)

(Cuckoo Lane - between Beresford Street and Halston Street. The church in the background is St Mary's of the Angels on Church Street).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Is No. 5 Stable lane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

4 Townsend st?

deswalsh wrote: »
    Is No. 5 Stable lane?
    Well done Des :)

(Stable Lane between Bow Street and Arran Street West. Those Sherlock Holmes types out there will have deduced that the pic was taken on a Thursday around mid to late morning. ;))
    eirebhoy wrote: »
    4 Townsend st?
    They are all "lanes". ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I recognise it and my instinct says Townsend st. Although my instinct doesn't stretch any further than D2 and D4. :D I'll just say Spring Garden lane since it's off Townsend st. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Pines

Is no. 1 Balls Lane?

Pines wrote: »
    Is no. 1 Balls Lane?
    Bingo - well done! :)

(Balls Lane - between Halston Street and North Anne Street)
    eirebhoy wrote: »
    I recognise it and my instinct says Townsend st. Although my instinct doesn't stretch any further than D2 and D4. :D I'll just say Spring Garden lane since it's off Townsend st. ;)
    Read the post with the pics again particularly this bit.
    all from Dublin 7
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

4-26.jpg
    Amazing isn't it that there are still sites like this, 14 years into a building boom.

Victor wrote: »
    Amazing isn't it that there are still sites like this, 14 years into a building boom.
    Yup - I've dozens of similar type pics from all over Dublin!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Those Sherlock Holmes types out there will have deduced that the pic was taken on a Thursday around mid to late morning. ;)

they would?
    I guess I'm not a Sherlock Holmes type so!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

2. is between Arran Quay terrace and Haymarket, dunno what it's called.
    4 is Hammond Lane

meglome wrote: »
    2. is between Arran Quay terrace and Haymarket, dunno what it's called.
    It is indeed - Burgess Lane. ;)
    meglome wrote:
    4 is Hammond Lane
    Well done meglome. :)
    Those Sherlock Holmes types out there will have deduced that the pic was taken on a Thursday around mid to late morning. )
    they would?
    I guess I'm not a Sherlock Holmes type so!! :(
    Note the 'Corpo' vans parked up (there's a few more off picture) and using the rear entrance of the AIB on Arran Quay to cash their Thursday pay cheques! ;)

5-25.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I know my lanes :)

Note the 'Corpo' vans parked up (there's a few more off picture) and using the rear entrance of the AIB on Arran Quay to cash their Thursday pay cheques! ;)

Elementary stuff!
    Actually it was the bank logo on the gate that gave me the clue to where it was. would never have copped the corpo bit. I thought all public service workers got paid straight into their bank account?

I thought all public service workers got paid straight into their bank account?
    Most probably do but there is a little clause in the Payment of Wages Act which states that an employer cannot alter the payment method to an employee without the consent of that employee or a representative on his behalf, i.e. Trade Union).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Most probably do but there is a little clause in the Payment of Wages Act which states that an employer cannot alter the payment method to an employee without the consent of that employee or a representative on his behalf, i.e. Trade Union).

Yea thats true...I no some 'old timers' in the public service/semi state sector that still get paid in cash.There is just no changing some people.

Hope I'm not out of turn here, but here's a few more:

DPG004.jpg
    2. (Not city centre - just found this on the PC today!)
    DPG005.jpg
    DPG006.jpg
    DPG007.jpg
    DPG008.jpg

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 GutShot@CHLs

1 is the church stuff shop at the top of gardiner st

1 is the church stuff shop at the top of gardiner st

Sure is, well done. 'Ecclesiastic suppliers' they bill themselves as, cant remember the shop name though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is No.2 the Red Stables in St. Anne's Park, Clontarf?

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Is No.2 the Red Stables in St. Anne's Park, Clontarf?

It is indeed Spurious. I couldnt believe what they've done to that spot when I was there earlier tis year.
    I remember spending many an hour trying to get into the old stables as a kid and getting chased out by some old lad that seemed to be there all the time and caught us every single time we tried to get in!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It is indeed Spurious. I couldnt believe what they've done to that spot when I was there earlier tis year.
    I remember spending many an hour trying to get into the old stables as a kid and getting chased out by some old lad that seemed to be there all the time and caught us every single time we tried to get in!

We must be close to the same vintage. We used to play football on the grass hockey pitch between the stables and the pond and everyone was afraid to go in for the ball when it went in there.

I think No.3 is on Talbot St - over an Internet cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

Long shot but is 5 the Jervis St Shopping center

spurious wrote: »
    We must be close to the same vintage. We used to play football on the grass hockey pitch between the stables and the pond and everyone was afraid to go in for the ball when it went in there.

I think No.3 is on Talbot St - over an Internet cafe.

sounds like we could be alright. you know you're old when you're using vintage in relation to your age!

Talbot Street is correct.
    Beechman wrote: »
    Long shot but is 5 the Jervis St Shopping center

No but not too far away. I thought this would be the easiest one tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

No but not too far away. I thought this would be the easiest one tbh![/QUOTE]

Pennys!

Beechman wrote: »
    No but not too far away. I thought this would be the easiest one tbh!

Pennys![/QUOTE]

Pennys it is indeed. What a fantastic piece of architecture adorning such a mundane shop!
    DPG008BPennys.jpg

Pic no. 5 is of fantastic quality des. (I would have got it but i was too late! ;))

No. 4 is intriguing me.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Is it one of the schools off dorset street that direction...

Does anyone now what the penneys building used to be before it was penneys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I think it was Todd's Department Store

They used to have the best Santa in Dublin when I was a chisseler.

• Advertisement

Quality wrote: »
    Is it one of the schools off dorset street that direction...

for No. 4? Nope. Its southside.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement