Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

No 1 is Hill Street AFAIK

Building is the Newspaper Wholesaler. Memory is coming back me thinks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Peteer wrote: »
    No 1 is Hill Street AFAIK

Peteer, good stuff. Hill Street it is.
    Manders wholesale Newsagents.

I love the graffiti on the wall - 'Help you local Gardia' !:D

EDIT: I also love the fact that everyone completely ignores the No parking notices!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

No 4 Innisfallen Parade?

deswalsh wrote: »
    Peteer, good stuff. Hill Street it is.
    Manders wholesale Newsagents.

I love the graffiti on the wall - 'Help you local Gardia' !:D

EDIT: I also love the fact that everyone completely ignores the No parking notices!

I think the graffiti finishes with "beat yourself up!"

Cheers,
    Peter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Dubsmax wrote: »
    No 4 Innisfallen Parade?

Spot on Dubsmax!

OK, wine has kicked in so I'm off to bed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

2 st ignatius rd

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

No 2 , is it Oxmantown Rd ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Well done europerson, Peteer, Dubsmax. :)

I should have known Hill Street. :(
    Taken from the ILAC centre side of the road
    Presumably you meant IFSC?
    I also love the fact that everyone completely ignores the No parking notices!
    Presumably the beige Octavia is used by an owner/employee of Manders.

I don't understand why so many (usually back street) businesses make their premises look so tatty with amateur 'No Parking' signs daubed with a paintbrush. They could buy generic signs of the shelf, get one made up or get a signwriter to do it. Even if they were going to do it themselves, they could at least draw guidelines and make it look smarter. It would portray a more professional image to the public and contribute to a cleaner looking street.

Do the Litter Pollution Acts cover this?
    No 2 , is it Oxmantown Rd ?
    I'd say Oxmanstown Road is a lot wider!

Those bloody red brick resential streets all look the same! :eek:

• Advertisement

tricky D wrote: »
    2 st ignatius rd
    The large building in the background being part of the prison complex??

tricky D wrote: »
    2 st ignatius rd

ST. Ignatius Road it is Tricky D.

Presumably you meant IFSC?

No, I actually meant to say the Irish Life complex, the one that's near the junction of lr. Gardiner St. and Beresford place. I always call it the ILAC for some strange reason. I think they both went up around the same time or something.
    It's my old age too, once you go over <age>Enter age here</age> you're screwed :)

Here's 5 more.

These are difficult but to make it easier I'll just say that they are all from Dublin 7 (the city end).

EDIT: Oops - No. 1 may be in Dublin 1 - I'm not sure (that in itself, is an extra clue ;))

1-44.jpg

2-39.jpg

3-40.jpg

4-35.jpg

5-34.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Is No 1 them arches at the top of Henrietta Street?

dancor wrote: »
    Is No 1 them arches at the top of Henrietta Street?
    Spot on dancor - it's the rear entrance to the King's Inns from Henrietta Street. Well done. :)

(Henrietta Street is in Dublin 1 whereas the King's Inns is in Dublin 7 - hence my uncertainty regarding the postcode).

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dammit, I knew that one straight away, its Dublin 7, as its part of the Kings Inn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Is number 3 Hammond Lane?

boneless wrote: »
    Is number 3 Hammond Lane?
    Afraid not boneless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

2. Little Britain street.
    3. Beresford Street, Georges Hill block.
    4. The park between, Halston Street and Green street.
    5. Recognise it but can't place it this minute.

• Advertisement

meglome wrote: »
    2. Little Britain street.
    That's impressive meglome - well done. :)

That doorway is part of McManus Fruit & Veg on Little Britain Street. Presumably their must have been some sort of official building there many years ago as it has the 3 castles in flames from the official Dublin City crest. Perhpas the corpo markets were there before moving to their current spot. I have been in and out of McManus' over the years but never noticed it until recently. I must have loaded/unloaded beside it dozens of times. :o . I'm normally there at about 5am when the place is choc-a-bloc with truck and vans obscuring everything. It was only when I happened to stroll by one afternoon that I spotted it. I must ask the lads in McManus' the next time I'm in there.

LittleBritainStreet2.jpg

Just to put in into perspective for those not familiar with the area, the red bricked building with six visible window in the centre rear of this pic is in Capel Street. The trees on the left are in St Michan's Park (see below).

LittleBritainStreet.jpg

meglome wrote:
    3. Beresford Street, Georges Hill block.
    Afraid not meglome.
    meglome wrote:
    4. The park between, Halston Street and Green street.
    Yes, it's a statue in St Michan's Park. The inscription is impossible (for me) to read. That's the Special Criminal Court in the background - usually known as Green Street Courthouse. It's directly opposite the previous doorway picture.

No.s 3 and 5 remain.

3-40.jpg

5-34.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

The one with the red door is on the same road as the matter hospital... its further down near the junction. I have no idea of the name of the road. but its the side of the mater where you enter into the a&e... theres a garda station on that road.

The one with the red door is on the same road as the matter hospital... its further down near the junction. I have no idea of the name of the road. but its the side of the mater where you enter into the a&e... theres a garda station on that road.
    No.

(Presumably, you are referring to the North Circular Road).

I have been in and out of McManus' over the years but never noticed it until recently. I must have loaded/unloaded beside it dozens of times. :o . I'm normally there at about 5am when the place is choc-a-bloc with truck and vans obscuring everything. It was only when I happened to stroll by one afternoon that I spotted it. I must ask the lads in McManus' the next time I'm in there.

I often wondered how you could get so many pictures of the city Wishbone! It seems a little clearer now. I did suspect for a while you were a Garda and pounded the beat a lot with your camera tucked away in your pocket :D
    [/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

is no 3 around grangegorman?

I often wondered how you could get so many pictures of the city Wishbone! It seems a little clearer now. I did suspect for a while you were a Garda and pounded the beat a lot with your camera tucked away in your pocket :D
    :eek: PM sent. :D
    carolmon wrote: »
    is no 3 around grangegorman?
    No - closer to city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Is Numero 3 along the canal? At Crossguns Bridge?

dancor wrote: »
    Is Numero 3 along the canal? At Crossguns Bridge?
    No - it's city centre

(Both pics are probably no more than 5 mins walk from O'Connell Street ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Is No. 3 Strand Street?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement