Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Is 4 off benburb street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Good God or Zod :)...all of ye are very close to the locations,

Boardsbud, your a stone's throw away from both 1 & 2, you seem to know the area well.

Euph, yes they are near, can you name them though?

stovelid, whcih street off Benburb st?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

1. must be Doris St then, always mix them up.
    2. thought i had that one !

Prob have unfair advantage, know the area a bit (or maybe I don't) !!!

Boardsbud wrote: »
    1. must be Doris St then, always mix them up.
    2. thought i had that one !

Prob have unfair advantage, know the area a bit (or maybe I don't) !!!

Yeh, i know it a bit as well...like Hagar is to D8 :)

Your right on 1, certainly is Doris st, well done!

For 2, just look at those bollards in the background, its the main road and that colourful building further on is beside the local l******.....oops, i maybe said too much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

No 3 is Dalcassian Court.?

and no 2 , is it Ropewalk Sq ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

2. Fitzwilliam St ? I was actually thinking the opposite way, facing Thorncastle St. Thought the new building in the background was the new apts, ah well........

Boardsbud wrote: »
    2. Fitzwilliam St ? I was actually thinking the opposite way, facing Thorncastle St. Thought the new building in the background was the new apts, ah well........

Yes its the new apts beside the library,
    Anything Cambridge is behind those streets and Fitzwilliam st is the one so you got that one right!
    I'm impressed with your local knowledge, you've been unlucky with the street names on a few occasions. (:

(the boss of me wad sorta close, Ropewalk but not close enough!)

And yes Dalcassian Court it is the boss of me for no.3 !

Just no.4 left now!..Its off Benburb st direction as said, if you walk from Benburb heading towards courts area, you'll see this place on your left.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

(Didn't see the pics till now!)

No. 4 is Wood Lane (that's part of the incorporated Law Society) in the background).

Sure is Wish, it caught my eye with a sizeable sign saying something like 'this area is being monitored by cctv and blah blah' so decided to snap the lane!

gurramok wrote: »
    Sure is Wish, it caught my eye with a sizeable sign saying something like 'this area is being monitored by cctv and blah blah' so decided to snap the lane!
    And by co-incidence, I happen to have a pic of that sign! :D

WoodLane.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Where's all the pictures gone?:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I'm off work sick at the mo, so interest in boards has waned a bit!!
    Here's a few though to keep the thread alive.
    1. Here's a new twist; which public green space is this?
    DPG020.jpg
    2. This biulding is on a junction, so I'll accept either street.
    DPG018.jpg
    DPG019.jpg
    DPG017.jpg

1. Mountjoy Square?

3. Gardiner Street?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

1. Mountjoy Square?

good Stuff Wishbone, that was quick!
    3. Gardiner Street?

'Fraid not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

2 is George's Street Arcade I think so I'd guess Fade Street. 3. is Harcourt Street I think and 4 is in Ballsbridge I think because I think that's Hume House in the background

jdivision wrote: »
    and 4 is in Ballsbridge I think because I think that's Hume House in the background
    Looks like the Mater Hospital to me!

jdivision wrote: »
    2 is George's Street Arcade I think so I'd guess Fade Street. 3. is Harcourt Street I think and 4 is in Ballsbridge I think because I think that's Hume House in the background

Not Fade street but you're in the right area.

3 is not Harcounrt St.

4 is not ballsbridge

Is no. 2 the Central Hotel in Exchequer Street?

Is no.3 Merrion Square?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

#3 is also mountjoy sq nos 8/9 iirc (Dublin Electrical Wholesalers Ltd is there but the balcony wasn't broken in my day)
    also got no #1 (too late obviously) as I have walked that bit, the south entrance 1000s of times, on way to my then flat (no 17) which is in the background tho obscured. Tx for the nostalgia.
    #2 maybe on Rathmines Rd/Leinster Rd Junc (/maybe not)
    #4 working on it..,. st ignatius ave (and the white van is on GMaps!!)

I'm defo gonna get the camera out this weekend during daylight so should have some nice challenges for y'all next week

• Advertisement

Is no. 2 the Central Hotel in Exchequer Street?

Well, Its not the Central Hotel, but you have the street right! IIRC the central is on the northern side of Exchequer St., this building is on the southern side. It is at the corner of Sth. Gt. Georges St. and Exchequer St.
    Is no.3 Merrion Square?

No, see below \/
    tricky D wrote: »
    #3 is also mountjoy sq nos 8/9 iirc (Dublin Electrical Wholesalers Ltd is there but the balcony wasn't broken in my day)
    also got no #1 (too late obviously) as I have walked that bit, the south entrance 1000s of times, on way to my then flat (no 17) which is in the background tho obscured. Tx for the nostalgia.
    #2 maybe on Rathmines Rd/Leinster Rd Junc (/maybe not)
    #4 working on it..,. st ignatius ave (and the white van is on GMaps!!)

I'm defo gonna get the camera out this weekend during daylight so should have some nice challenges for y'all next week

No. 3 is Mountjoy square, taken from the same spot as Pic 1 I think. The dodgy balcony got my attention

No. 2 No, see above!

No. 4. correct, it is St. Ignatius Avenue. THe Van must be a permanent 'feature' on the road if its in GMaps! :D

Thats them all so I think, so we look forward to your shots TrickyD, bring em on.

deswalsh wrote: »
    No. 4. correct, it is St. Ignatius Avenue
    At least I was correct about the Mater! :D

I haven't put up any in a while, so here ye go ;

No 1

2217332322_44b8693f58_b.jpg

No 2

2216538835_579ab97b27_b.jpg

No 3

2217328798_d207a80aa8_b.jpg

No4

2216535625_3351f99402_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

is no. 3 fairview strand/richmond road?

is no. 3 fairview strand/richmond road?

Thats the one Admiral, I wonder do they sell anything else apart from Carrolls No 1..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

No. 1 - Dalymount Park?

No. 2 - North Circlar Road at Doyles corner beside the library??

dlambirl wrote: »
    No. 1 - Dalymount Park?

No. 2 - North Circlar Road at Doyles corner beside the library??

Well done Dlambirl, gonna have to crop those D7 pics a bit tighter with you around.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

4. is at the Museum of Modern Art in the Royal Hospital.
    I love it up there.

I really have to sign in more often, knew the first three pictures:mad:.

Any chance No.4 is Royal Hospital Kilmainham or Collins Barracks?

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    4. is at the Museum of Modern Art in the Royal Hospital.
    I love it up there.

:mad:Feck off :D 1 minute before me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement