Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

No 8, O'Devaney Gardens?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

island bridge court per chance ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is 8 Matt Talbot Court at the top of Great Charles Street?
    Maybe it's not there anymore, I haven't walked that way in a long time (at least not since the ointment, boom, boom.)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Any chance of what Dublin they're in?
    :confused: I did say that all the pics were from Dublin 1!
    Mad_Max wrote: »
    No 8, O'Devaney Gardens?
    :confused: See above!
    dsane1 wrote: »
    island bridge court per chance ?
    :confused: See above!
    spurious wrote: »
    Is 8 Matt Talbot Court at the top of Great Charles Street?
    Afraid not spurious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Them Flats are Hill Street flats, also known as Grenville Street

• Advertisement

dancor wrote: »
    Them Flats are Hill Street flats, also known as Grenville Street
    Spot on dancor - Hill Street flats (taken from Bath Lane). :)

One (no. 3) to go!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Rutland Place?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

No 3 is intriguing me because of the redbrick building in the rear on the right. It looks like Grattan Bridge House, so would be thinking it was the back of that (ie perpendicular to Capel Street and parallel to Ormond Quay) but think Capel Street is D7 so that rules that out.
    If not there then I'd guess it's one of those run down alleys off Marlborough Street, between Eden Quay and Talbot Street

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I'm with jdivision here. It's up off Jervis Street as far as I know. Capel Street is D1 by the way

deswalsh wrote: »
    Rutland Place?
    No.
    jdivision wrote: »
    No 3 is intriguing me because of the redbrick building in the rear on the right. It looks like Grattan Bridge House, so would be thinking it was the back of that (ie perpendicular to Capel Street and parallel to Ormond Quay) but think Capel Street is D7 so that rules that out.
    If not there then I'd guess it's one of those run down alleys off Marlborough Street, between Eden Quay and Talbot Street
    No.
    Collie D wrote: »
    I'm with jdivision here. It's up off Jervis Street as far as I know
    No.
    Collie D wrote:
    Capel Street is D1 by the way
    Yes. I used to think that the west side of Capel Street was Dublin 7 but a quick flick through the 'phone book confirmed that it was Dublin 1. I think Dublin 7 begins immediately behind Capel Street - e.g. Little Britain Street is in Dublin 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Yarnhall Street?

dancor wrote: »
    Yarnhall Street?
    Spot on dancor. Ardiff Mahon Printers on Yarnhall Street (at its junction with Henrietta Place).

YarnhallStreet.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Here's a few
    dpg1-small.jpg
    dpg2-small.jpg
    dpg3-small.jpg
    dpg4-small.jpg
    dpg5-small.jpg
    dpg6-small.jpg
    dpg7-small.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

Is number 1 the toilets in Mountjoy Square ?

'fraid not, Bbud

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Might 7 be on Dame St?

Okay is
    1. The cafe at junction of Adelaide road and Leeson Street? The brickwork is newly pointed like the cafes
    2. is that street i thought Yarnhall Street was. Parallel to Ormonde Quay and off Capel Street.
    3. Garda HQ in Phoenix Park?
    5 East Sussex Street in Temple Bar, the old Beauchamps solicitors offices next to The Clarence Hotel
    6. Don't know name of street but think it's one parallel and between North Great Georges Street and Gardiner Street, if you go up it and turn right (ie top of photo) you end up on Mountjoy Square (I've now convinced myself that I'm wrong because of the post office there)
    7. Originally I was going to say an office building on the quay in Temple Bar but now I think it's a building on Dawson Street, New Ireland Assurance or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

No 5. Dollard House, Wellington quay.

Okay is
    1. The cafe at junction of Adelaide road and Leeson Street? The brickwork is newly pointed like the cafes
    Yup
    dpg1-large4516874.jpg
    2. is that street i thought Yarnhall Street was. Parallel to Ormonde Quay and off Capel Street.
    Name is Little Strand St
    dpg2-large984249323.jpg
    3. Garda HQ in Phoenix Park?
    Nope
    5 East Sussex Street in Temple Bar, the old Beauchamps solicitors offices next to The Clarence Hotel
    Yup
    dpg5-large23646246.jpg
    6. Don't know name of street but think it's one parallel and between North Great Georges Street and Gardiner Street, if you go up it and turn right (ie top of photo) you end up on Mountjoy Square (I've now convinced myself that I'm wrong because of the post office there)
    Close but not quite properly described, will give you a chance to check GMaps to refine.
    7. Originally I was going to say an office building on the quay in Temple Bar but now I think it's a building on Dawson Street, New Ireland Assurance or something
    Yup
    dpg7-large4y63463563.jpg

tricky D wrote: »
    Close but not quite properly described, will give you a chance to check GMaps to refine.

Rutland Place? to be honest having checked Gmaps i had thought it was hill street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Here's an easy one:

2150092534_989de2cb42.jpg

Here's one that might not be so easy, actually I'd be surprised if anyone got it but thought I'd throw it in anyway ;)

2151711633_09e795f04f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Oh shoot, just realised I've broken all the rules sorry.

Rutland Place? to be honest having checked Gmaps i had thought it was hill street
    Spot on

2 left before we give Chunky his answers

dpg3-small.jpg

dpg4-small.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Is 4 the junction of Leeson Park and Appian Way?

sure is, also Sallymount Ave and Chelmsford Rd

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Is no 3 Halston St ?

sure is, boss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

OK, so tricky D's are all done right?

Chunky Monkey, the sign in the first one says Pravda, so I'm guessing it's Pravda?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Here's a few easy ones,maybe cos they're so easy only answer one just to give everyone a chance....

N0 12227715269_c3b1f1ae76_o.jpg

No 2

2227708249_d2a0dcb4ee_b.jpg

No 3

2226077377_1008d63916_b.jpg

No 4

2226075123_dd67cd0c82_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

No. 3 is the Gravediggers, Prospect Square.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement