Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does this gadget even exist?

Options
  • 23-08-2007 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

i'm looking for a few gadgets, but thought that it would be great if all the features i need were in ONE product. what i need is the following:
    • digital dictaphone [must record in MP3 format]
    • digital camera
    • video recorder

the files that are recorded using the above features would need to be small enough to email - so under 10mb i guess. the most obvious option is a laptop loaded with software, but this is too expensive. other candidates include:
    • digital cameras [that offer video/dict]
    • video recorders [that can take photos/dict]
    • PDAs
    • Mobile Phones

obviously any of these must be able to hook up to a PC, so that the files can be emailed. does anyone know if a gadget exists to meet all my requirements?
    all help appreciated,
    dave

Comments

Just testing out my mobile phone (Sony Ericsson K750i), and it records sounds to AMR (which, going on google searches, can be converted into MP3s). It also has a digital camera (2MP) and a video recorder.

And the USB connection to the PC came with it. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

it has a video recroder but it only records at 640*480

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

i like the idea of a mobile phone, but the gadget is not for me. it's for someone who is not really tech-savvy. i'm hoping they can manage to email some attachments, but converting audio file types is out of the question - it would need to record MP3 straight out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Ask in the photography section.. my digital camera takes photos, videos and also records sound - but I dont know what format it uses, i've never had the need to use it for recording sound alone..

If you get a camera it would be handy because you can use it with AV cables on a TV...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

640 x 480 video would be fine. for putting videos on youtube, so i'm guessing that's enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement