Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Custom Avatar

Options
  • 23-08-2007 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I suscribed earlier today, due to the many free hours I've enjoyed on boards, I felt it was time! Anyhoo, I'm having trouble uploading a custom avatar. It keeps coming up unable to save avatar. I've got a jpeg on my desktop that's the right size (it's 15k) and I've found pictures less than 19.5Kb online but whenever I put in the URl or try and upload from my computer it says cannot save avatar, without giving a reason. Is there something else i need to do? Should i wait a bit longer to see doers it work then? i can do all the other suscriber things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Upload it as an attachment and I'll have a look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Thanks, I'll get my other half to have a look at it tonight first in case i'm really stupid and missing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

There have been trouble with some custom avatars today stemming from the problems yesterday.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

That's true ruu, I can't see yours,
    checks to see if mines still there

/edit
    yup still there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Hey, Mr Magnolia Pmd me and solved the problem for me. You have to go manually change your membership of a group from registered user to suscriber. Then you can save the avatar. I thought that would happen automatically. I had a feeling it was something simple like that. Mr Magnolia saves the day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement