Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Book Stores

Options
  • 23-08-2007 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

Howdi,
    Are there any decent book stores other than Waterstones & Easons on Pana?
    I'm looking for computer books, web development, graphic design...all that jazz. I'm not even sure if Waterstones have a decent computer section..?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Vibes & Scribes on Bridge St (near enough to Pana) has a computer book section, or at least had last time I was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

And it's on Lavitts Quay now too (near Paul Street car park).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

not sure the name of the street but across the river as u head up patricks hill before gallaghers pub on the right there is a bookshop there with a big selection of computer stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

skelliser wrote:
    not sure the name of the street but across the river as u head up patricks hill before gallaghers pub on the right there is a bookshop there with a big selection of computer stuff
    That's Vibes and Scribes.

The Vibes and Scribes on Lavitt's doesn't have any computer books (as far as I can recall).

Your best bet for computer books is actually Micromail, they have an office on Proby's Quay with an enormous collection of IT books.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They're online too. Bought Red Hat there years ago, nice people.

http://www.micromail.com/

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

dahamsta wrote:
    They're online too. Bought Red Hat there years ago, nice people.

http://www.micromail.com/

adam
    Micromail’s walk-in shop is now closed & we would like to thank all the customers who visited it over the years.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Closed? Finding micromail and buying a book there was one of the rites of initiation for geeks in Cork. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭lukin

That's a pity, I used to like browsing in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

John Smith & Son, UCC. They're open 9-5.30 weekdays. Here's a map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Yeah what a pity - I always enjoyed going there especially when it still was up on top of Barrack St. They were always very nice and lend a helping hand when needed, namely coping 5' real floppies to 3' floppies

• Advertisement
Advertisement