Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend, 24/08/07

• 23-08-2007 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Bohemians :cool: 7:45 Drogheda United Dalymount Park
    Derry City 7:45 Bray Wanderers The Brandywell
    Galway United 7:45 Sligo Rovers Terryland Park
    UCD 7:45 Shamrock Rovers Belfield Park
    Waterford United 7:45 Cork City RSC
    Longford Town 7:30 St Patrick's Athletic Flancare Park (SAT)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

must be a first home win of the season for Galway Utd.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Bohemians 7:45 Drogheda United Dalymount Park..Drogs
    Derry City 7:45 Bray Wanderers The Brandywell..Derry
    Galway United 7:45 Sligo Rovers Terryland Park..Sligo
    UCD 7:45 Shamrock Rovers Belfield Park..Rovers
    Waterford United 7:45 Cork City RSC..Cork City
    Longford Town 7:30 St Patrick's Athletic Flancare Park.. The Town

Hopefully revenge will be a dish served cold at the RSC. We owe them big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Division 1 Fixtures:
    Limerick 37 V Dundalk: Draw.
    Monaghan United V Athlone: Home Win
    Wexford Youths V Kilkenny: Away Win
    Cobh V Shelbourne: Home win

Anybody who does a coupon on a Saturday would be well advised to stick in Cobh @4/6. Ridiculously good price.

Tough game for Dundalk down in Limerick, not too confident what with poor recent form and Williams still missing. Hopefully they can snatch a scrappy 1-0 win and keep the pressure on those Cobh fcukers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Good new tips column here...
    http://www.bohemians.ie/home/features/gowest/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

hopefully we can give the blaahs a good thumping, but i wouldn't be so sure. one nil to us is the best im hoping for, sad reflection with the way things are going recently.

looking forward to cobh and shels tomorrow night, fancy cobh to continue their unbeaten streak, and hopefully get a few goals too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'd say you're wetting your pants in anticipation.

^

LMAO

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Shels' away record was horrific prior to the Kilkenny game, Cobh are a decent price alright. That guy on the Bohs site looks a shrewdie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pighead wrote:
    Tough game for Dundalk down in Limerick, not too confident what with poor recent form and Williams still missing. Hopefully they can snatch a scrappy 1-0 win and keep the pressure on those Cobh fcukers.

yes being 4-0 down with 20 minutes to go would be a tough game :D

kdjac

Drogheda lucky to get a draw at Dalymount.

JP Kelly was unstoppable tonight.

Excellent game for TV, what a comparison with the opening day of the season with that drab 0-0.

• Advertisement

Drogheda lucky to get a draw at Dalymount.

JP Kelly was unstoppable tonight.

Excellent game for TV, what a comparison with the opening day of the season with that drab 0-0.

Cork won tonight.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

galwayrush wrote:
    must be a first home win of the season for Galway Utd.:p
    Fantastic, a long bloody time coming, but at last. 2-0.:cool:

Is that a dig at me not being at the RSC?

Is that a dig at me not being at the RSC?

No a dig at you not commenting on it, you been dublinised :eek:

kdjac

NEVER!

I was getting text updates all the way through.

Great result considering we always seem to struggle in the RSC

Bit of luck the accent is gone and you speak dublinese now.

kdjac

Fatty head:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Limerick 4 Dundalk 1 :eek: bottle, bottle, bottle! :D

popped along to Belfield Park tonight to watch UCD/Rovers, smashing game. i've not given Rovers too much credit this season but i have to say they were so well organised and disciplined that if they play like that til' the end of the season they could give Drogheda a run for the title. UCD defensively were a mess, and quite simply Rovers took their chances scoring 4 without dominating the game, Andy Myler's 2nd goal of his hat-trick was goal of the season material, one to watch on eL weekly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

only caught the last half hour of the drogs match. we were fairly poor jp kelly was on fire. I think Garto could have got a red for the takle on him ouch:eek: we will defo look at it as a point gained instead of 2 dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

redzerdrog wrote:
    only caught the last half hour of the drogs match. we were fairly poor jp kelly was on fire. I think Garto could have got a red for the takle on him ouch:eek: we will defo look at it as a point gained instead of 2 dropped.
    Keeper kept you in the game, and ref incompetence kept your 11 on the pitch.
    Joxer was superb last night, but there were other good signs around the team too. We played some football!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

How that thug Connor wasnt sent off Ill never know. I have no love for Bohs, or JP Kelly, but that was an horrific, and un needed challenge.

Drogs are disgrace, worst team to ever top the league for a pro longed period. Stay it all about the rest of the teams though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

gimmick wrote:
    How that thug Connor wasnt sent off Ill never know. I have no love for Bohs, or JP Kelly, but that was an horrific, and un needed challenge.

Drogs are disgrace, worst team to ever top the league for a pro longed period. Stay it all about the rest of the teams though.

sour grapes anyone?

Pats lose 2-1 to Longford.

Who's fault was it this time Johnny?

Ive heard some of the money being splurged down at Inchicore and when they cant even beat lowly Longford, coupled with their humiliation in Europe I cant see Johnny Mac being there next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

redzerdrog wrote:

On Monday night Connor cost us 2 points against Galway. In this game he definitely won us a point we didn't deserve.

I agree that this is a point gained rather than two dropped. Bohs look the best side we've faced this season. They deservedly knocked us out of the cup and we were lucky to beat them in the last league match at United Park.

Pats lose 2-1 to Longford.

Who's fault was it this time Johnny?

Ive heard some of the money being splurged down at Inchicore and when they cant even beat lowly Longford, coupled with their humiliation in Europe I cant see Johnny Mac being there next season.

Be lucky is there in the morning, plays Paisley ahead of Darragh player of the year Maguire. Paisley cost us 2 goals tonight and tbh at least he was still on the pitch after the peno he gave away.

game should have been over after 20 minutes but fair play to longford they stuck at it and deserved it.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

What a night, it had everything from madness on and off the pitch. Much needed three points. Longford battled very hard for every loose ball etc. Threw themselves of everything. Ya cannot beat the atmosphear of a live game. Better than any premier**** imo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Best results possible for Rovers!!!

Cork and Pats are falling down the table, the slime cant win at home and Drogs starting to shake too.

So much for our sqaud not having the legs!! Starting to think its possible!

Guess we looking for a new manager.

kdjac

Is JMcD gone?:confused:

• Advertisement

city vs bray in turners cross tonight, 8pm, live on setanta ireland.

cant see us slipping up here. surely has to be 2 or 3 nil..

Roar wrote:
    city vs bray in turners cross tonight, 8pm, live on setanta ireland.

cant see us slipping up here. surely has to be 2 or 3 nil..

:eek:

Really?

I'm going to watch this match later.

Are Bray gone that bad? Seriously?

yeah it's one of our games in hand, 8pm ko cause the telly wanted it that way

im basing my prediction on nothing more than blind hope, and not on how bray have played so far this season, cause i dont think ive seen them all year

I take it you aren't travelling then?

Fair-weatherer.

^

umm, its on in turners cross, and i'm heading after work...

Cork Away winning Cork home 1-0 with a goal from Billy "georesgcu" woods. :confused:

Funny tho same thing happened us away to galway :p

kdjac

• Advertisement

2-2 now.

Liam Kearney set up both City goals.

After being two down.

Seven minutes left.

City 2 - 2 Bray.

Good point in the end. Too many average players in the City side.

Darren Murphy sitting on the bench is a total mystery.:(

City 2 - 2 Bray.

Good point in the end. Too many average players in the City side.

Darren Murphy sitting on the bench is a total mystery.:(

correct on all three points.

of the starting 11, only one player is a definite starter every game, and that's neal horgan.

brian o'callaghan appears to be made out of concrete, our back four is a total shambles.

if colin healy couldn't be feckin arsed to play for the club he can just leave.

we're about 6 players short of a decent squad.

and, IMHO, a change of manager is desperately needed. he's lost the confidence of the players.

bloody frustrating night. i knew i should have stayed at home for the coronation street double bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

We were appalling last night. Bray are a very poor side, and very nearly took all 3 points. City played for 20 mins and got the draw. Pity we didnt get going earlier.

This season cannot end quick enough.

Roar wrote:
    i knew i should have stayed at home for the coronation street double bill
    Claire and Ashley got back together, Norris is acting a bit strange, and Eileen and yer man from Brookside went for a drink.

:D

Liam Kearney was the impetus behind the revival imo, he just seemed start running at the Bray defence.

• Advertisement

DesF wrote:
    Claire and Ashley got back together, Norris is acting a bit strange, and Eileen and yer man from Brookside went for a drink.

:D

nice one, cheers. so, who's norris knocking? my money's on leanne! ha ha

Advertisement