Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tips on repeating please!!

Options
  • 23-08-2007 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

just wondering if i repeat da L.C. do i have 2 repeat every subject or can i just do 4 or 5 subjects and use my grades from this yr for da other ones?? any advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

You can do as many subjects as you want, you don't have to do 6.

You can't combine points from 2 sittings, but you can use grades you got either time in certain subjects for matriculation requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭maggie18x

hi fair play to ya for deciding to repeat its such a hard decision to make but once u get back in the routine of school ull be fine.when u start back get ur head down working straight awat,listing the grades ud like to get in each subject and then work towards achieving them goals.i found when i repeated last year everyone used to go on and on with how little study they were doing but dont mind them.ur there for the sole reason only to get ur points and get the hell to college next year.dont listen to anybody becoz the reason i had to repeat was that i thought nobody studied till the end and like a fool i just didnt bother becoz i thought nobody else was.how wrong was i?!

with regards to the subjects and everything the minimum is 6.like whats said up above u cannot use and mix together the grades in both leaving certs.the points can only be calculated from one leaving cert.however if u have the matricultion subjects(the subjects that are nessessary to pass in order to get into college such as irish english and maths and french) from last year and u are happy with their grades u can choose not to do them this year.and u will still be able to go to college bcoz u passed them the year before.i dropped maths last year becoz it was pass and i wasnt going to use the subject for points in the repeat results.it left me time to concentrate on other 6 subjects instead.

remember to work hard at english from the beginning bcoz ull have to do the whole course in one year and it will all get on top otherwise.
    there will be times in this year ull feel like giving up but once christmas comes the year just slipps away so becarefull u dont let things slide with it!

when u get ur results next year itll all be so worth it trust me on that.

Advertisement