Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Othello - William Shakespeare

Options
  • 23-08-2007 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Is it hard to study ???? And to right about at higher level ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Surely if you're doing Othello, you're going into 6th year and should really know how hard it is by now...

But no, it's not particularly difficult. As difficult as any shakespearean text I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Well, if ya dont know the difference between right and write, and your wondering about doing at higher level, my simple answer is...dont go near honours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭maggie18x

Mushy wrote:
    Well, if ya dont know the difference between right and write, and your wondering about doing at higher level, my simple answer is...dont go near honours

hehe mushy ur funny.remember ten percent ot the exam is for mechanics that is punctuation..spelling etc!

maggie18x wrote:
    hehe mushy ur funny.remember ten percent ot the exam is for mechanics that is punctuation..spelling etc!

Ok, I dont know if thats sarcasm, but your second sentence is true. If you "right" about Othello, your going downhill tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭maggie18x

no sarcasm intended!sure he'll be grand i think hes askin bout it coz hes repeating?i had to do a whole english course in one year and i went from a B3to an A1 so believe me the impossible can be possible if u work hard enough.
    for othello know the basic gist of the story really well and learn sample answers on the main charachters becoz any answer will always be based centrally on the charachters.even if a theme is asked it can be twisted around like"this theme is evident through the charachters behavior....etc etc etc" no question can be answered without discussing directly or indirectly the main characters.

good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Mushy wrote:
    You're not one to be correcting errors.

You're not one to be correcting errors.

I knew it'd happen:D . I scraped an honour(which I'm surprised at)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Coco88

maggie18x wrote:
    no sarcasm intended!sure he'll be grand i think hes askin bout it coz hes repeating?i had to do a whole english course in one year and i went from a B3to an A1 so believe me the impossible can be possible if u work hard enough.
    for othello know the basic gist of the story really well and learn sample answers on the main charachters becoz any answer will always be based centrally on the charachters.even if a theme is asked it can be twisted around like"this theme is evident through the charachters behavior....etc etc etc" no question can be answered without discussing directly or indirectly the main characters.

good luck!

Thnx for the help . Was really helpful .... oh yeah read your mail please , and thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Mushy wrote:
    I knew it'd happen:D . I scraped an honour(which I'm surprised at)
    Well if you managed it I am sure the OP can.

Well if you managed it I am sure the OP can.

Ah, but I had two years at it!

In all honesty, one year at honours English wouldnt be enough. It does take a lot more work than you think. Its mainly the depth the writer has to go into for questions that makes it seem like 1 year may not be enough. Unless, as has been said, the OP is repeating, then maybe they will have the poets done(unless they're very different), and same for some of the texts...but that could be risky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭glenn3ie

going into 6th yr.. looking through my books today... my Othello from last year has gone missing.. i'm praying its in me locker in school.. i've soo much notes in it!

"Like at school last year we studied Philadelphia here I come , Lies of silence , and the film studies : My left foot . We only done one higher level essay . And a few OL papers form years gone bye . I was hoping of getting a A2 in ordinary level English " i was thinking of getting grinds now until the LC .... would this be any good ..... ???

These topics which i have named are coming up in the 2008 leaving cert higher level english paper

Coco88 wrote:
    "Like at school last year we studied Philadelphia here I come , Lies of silence , and the film studies : My left foot . We only done one higher level essay . And a few OL papers form years gone bye . I was hoping of getting a A2 in ordinary level English " i was thinking of getting grinds now until the LC .... would this be any good ..... ???

These topics which i have named are coming up in the 2008 leaving cert higher level english paper

Well, you will have to go into more detail on each of those over Ord. level. If your willing to put in the work, then I see no problem in at least attempting it.

Mushy wrote:
    Well, you will have to go into more detail on each of those over Ord. level. If your willing to put in the work, then I see no problem in at least attempting it.

I was thinking of get grinds which i have to do 3hrs a week .... Would i need more .....

Advertisement