Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recording through CDJs

• 23-08-2007 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all, I'm new to this board and am really finding the posts on here very informative. :p

I'd like to ask how most of you who use CDJ's record your sets.
    Do you guys use a MiniDisc? Do you have an audio out that goes to your laptop? and if so, what program do you use to record through? Is it a windows or mac program?

The other topic I have a question on (and its probably been answered several times already) is I have virtual DJ with a controller, however, it is really painful to use in some respects. Should I buy CDJ's? Or should I buy this cortex, that has plugable USB ports for HD's/Ipods?

Also, one least q: which mixer should I buy?? What would u all think is the most affordable without losing quality?

Thanks all in advance! :D

Sorry to ramble, been trying to post here for awhile...:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

A quick set up I use when I record my gigs is via the Record Out on the mixer (Pioneer DJM 600), through the Creative Live Soundblaster, and into the laptop.

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 trickdaddy

Nt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Okay if you have made up your mind that you want to do dj'ing and are fully sure that it's something you could be good at then I would recommend cd decks. Depending on your bank balance, i would recommend pioneer cdj's (cdj 800's + 200's are a lot cheaper than 1000's) but there are more affordable budget cd decks out there. As for a mixer again i would recommend pioneer. I'm currently using a Djm400 a very solid 2 channel mixer with effects and 5 bank sampler. It's cheaper than the DJM 700 or 800 (or 600) but still has great effects that will add a greater dynamic to your mix.

As for recording your mixes you don't need any special sound card (although it would help). All i do is run a phono from my master out (on my mixer) to a headphone jack goin to MIC in on my laptop. I use sony sound forge, it's a brilliant programme that lets you apply effects to your recorded mix and also smooth out any glitches in sound or volume differences.

Hope this helps

Advertisement