Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Doctor finds himself. Again.

• 23-08-2007 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

Stephen Moffat, in yet another story following something of a building theme of The Doctor meeting time travel anomalies, has penned a story for a special Children In Need episode where our hero meets himself. Or rather, his Fifth Incarnation - with Davison coming back to join in the fun.

No other details about the story have been announced yet.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

awesome

what are they going to call it

the other two doctors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It does answer one question I had about the Fall of Arcadia - if the devastation of The Last Time Wars had rippled throughout time and destroyed all the Time Lords incarnations, had the same thing happened to the Doctor's? If so, would that effectively reset his regenerations, and if not how would they retcon it into the continuity?

So 1) No and 2) Now we'll find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

I'm pretty sure respect for canon isn't high amongst Russel T. Davies' priorities and charity specials tend to play it fast and loose with continuity anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Agree with that. The previous Children in Need stories were simple spoofs, not proper stories.

Noticed that theres a link to "David Bowie to appear in Doctor Who" in that link. Must be August.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

This is from the sun.... is there any official confirmation?

• Advertisement

Davidson is currently appearing in Spamalot and has a beard, which presents a bit of a poser but not to worry.

What you should worry about is that 2007's CIN is mostly based in NI. On a bi-annual basis BBC NI show feck all content from London, including the special editions of shows like Vicar of Dibley and instead you get hours of that baldy bloke getting sponges chucked at him. Those who have sky get away with it (lucky sods) by tuning into BBC London. We Chorus/NTL people are in danger of missing it.

However, I'm sure it'll be on you-tube or something similat about 10 seconds after its over. This presents me with a mod problem as the BBC have held a fine line of re-broadcasting of any of the previous Who CIN specials in so far as they dont allow it at all. Sadly unless anyone can come up with some way around it we cant show a link.

As for it being true or not, Davidson seems to think it is, he was speaking on "the wright stuff" about it this morning.

If you get my hopes up on this and your wrong benny I will be after you!!! :)

The 5th doctor is the one I remember from my childhood, see.

So I dont get anyones hopes up (or down) I just checked the BBC NI website, guess what, the link to CIN on Friday's listings is banjaxed. I'll try again tomorrow.

For those who dont have to suffer Donna and Gerry from Norn Iron I understand that the Dr. Who bit is on twixt eight and nine pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Thought it was an interesting little nugget of DW..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

youtube?

nicely done little piece, and nice to see Tennant referencing to himself as a kid "you were my doctor" and some fun at the expense of the fans as well - all in the space of 5 mins, complete with a throwaway explanation of Peter Davidson looking 20 years older. Also a nice way around time paradoxes - ignore them lol.
    youtube?

probably, haven't checked myself.

It does answer one question I had about the Fall of Arcadia - if the devastation of The Last Time Wars had rippled throughout time and destroyed all the Time Lords incarnations, had the same thing happened to the Doctor's? If so, would that effectively reset his regenerations, and if not how would they retcon it into the continuity?

That from the tv show? About the regenerations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭nothing

Just watched it... Thought it was good.

Kinda had a tingling. Like as if I was addicted to it, didn't have it for ages, then had a little taster and reminded me of how good it was!

Advertisement