Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Claddagh rings - help needed?

• 23-08-2007 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

hi,

My girlfriend has been looking for a specific type of Claddagh ring, she is reallly into things like gemstones and their qualities,supposed powers etc and I would love to surprise her and get it but so far I have been unable to source one.

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a claddagh ring
    made from either white gold or silver with a mystic topaz gemstone
    in the centre OR one with a black opal or blue green opal stone.

Or anything like that? It doesn't have to be mega expesnive or anything, if anyone has any ideas ,hopefully in the east of the country I'd be really grateful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try Des Byrne Jewellers, they have a number of different Claddagh rings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 TinaSparkle

Have a look in the Argos Catalogue - they have some nice rings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'd look into the jewellery shops around Nassau Street. It's a big tourist hub and so a lot of the jewellers do sell things with an Irish slant like the ring you're looking for.
    Try places like Kilkenny Design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

I got a sterling silver one with amethist (can't spell) in the centre for 14e from one of the stalls on Grafton St....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭katiemac

Try Weirs.
    I got mine there about 15 years ago. It was a present from my parents and I still wear it.
    It has an emerald in the middle which is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

google is your friend in this case I think if you're looking for somethin so specific...U may be surprised what you find!

I've got a gold claddagh with an emerald in the middle surrounded by diamonds. I got it for my 16th birthday (a month to the day my dad died)..i remember feeling very guilty cuz my mother spent an absolute fortune on it but there hasn't been one day i've been without it so it was worth the money....such pretty rings IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭katiemac

Don't google. Go to an established jewellers and ask them if they have what you are looking for.
    Google will only provide names of vendors selling all sorts of Claddagh rings, some good and some not so good.
    You're better off trying a well known jewellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Bex81

The jewellery shops in Galway definately offer the best choice of claddagh rings. Its where they come from after all and a lot of the jewellers are family businesses with links to the history of the ring. If youre down the west, pop into a few of the shops around Shop & Quay St and see whats on offer there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

Last poster is right there's a shop at the very end of quay street in Galway, I think its calledthe claddagh ring and they do all kids of cladagh jewelry. If not there's a new jewelers where shop street, cross street and quay street meet called claddagh jewlers adn I'm sure they could point you in the right direction or order one for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try Fallers

• Advertisement
Advertisement