Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to school... :/

• 23-08-2007 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

ayeee boy!! Summers nearly over!! :( Back on the 3rd! im going to cryyyyyyy!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well aren't you the lucky one! Some of us are back next week :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Piste wrote:

tis tough.. :(

thursday's approaching too fast for my liking:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Im back on Tuesday:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Piste wrote:
    Yeah know the feeling thursday is only a half day then have friday off yeah T.y is going to be good:D :D:D
    and in another note piste never knew were a girl:eek: :eek: :eek:
    And plus I doubt I will be doing anything after the junior cert (not much happens on Carlow where I live anyway) still have not got anything for doing it 50 euro would have done me:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

My school is pretty bad about it, all I know is I got a text off someone from my year informing me I'm back on Wednesday. No time given even...

I'm hoping it's a half day, then nothing until Monday... I can hope, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Im back on Wednesday.

WHOWHATWHENWHEREWHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and in another note piste never knew were a girl:eek: :eek: :eek:

Haha yeah, as is PFM there.

I'm back on Wednesday for a half day, then we have thursday off for the 1st years coming in, then back on Friday, then the weekend \o/

SPLIT AND INTO NEW THREAD!

Okay so I'm bored, but I figured this warranted a new thread. Now nobody needs to worry about being off topic. (Because I'm sure it worries many people.)

Huh, I had a post here somewhere but I think it got lost when you split it.

However using my DEADLY MOD SKILLZ I'll find it and tack it on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭-donegal-girlie

Suppose im lucky then!! Hehe :rolleyes: Not back till the 3rd!! Our 1st years are back on the 28th!! Did anyone elses school hours get increased by half an hour a week? We were doing half a hour too little..so the school changed all our times!:mad:

We used to start at 9.15 and end and 3.45 every day..!! But now on mondays and tuesdays its 9-4..and wednesdays,thursdays and fridays its 9.00 till 3.20!! And our classes are going to be 40 mins instead of 30 mins..and there will be no more double classes except P.E,and pratical subjects!!:eek:

Its weird!! Im going into Ty aswell!! Cant wait!! But i dont want to go back to school at all!! This summer flew!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Im also going into TY (back on the 3rd)

This summer was just so short due to the exams, think of next summer, it will be quite long. The TY's in my school get off the 3rd/last week in May!!

I dont really mind going back......at least it wont be the usual rigamarole every day lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Back from 1 till 3 on monday...ty indroduction..find out what class in ,etc,get a homework journal no one will use etc :D

Tbh bit sick of summer going to gigs frequencly has been great, and regular cinema trips, but Im stripped for money and being at home during day in countryside is boring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

We're back on Tuesday to pick our classes for TY (We're unorganised) then I think wednesday and thursday are free and I think Friday is a half day:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Back on wednesday.I ll bet a tenner that we will end up having a heat wave as soon as we go back! Damn 5th year going to bore the hell out of me *sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Just back from Donegal....bogland, no offence -Donegal-girlie:D;). I'm back on Monday, two days:(:(:(

trogdor wrote:
    Just back from Donegal....bogland, no offence -Donegal-girlie:D;). I'm back on Monday, two days:(:(:(

:eek: :eek: :(:(:(:(

Excusssssse me!! :( Its not!! well only some parts:rolleyes: .. Where were you? Some gaeltacht area? Or up by daniel o donnel?;)
    haha you have to laugh -->> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1DfZMn-6M8

Where in donegal were u?

trogdor wrote:

Its not that bad bar that every 11 year old up there somehow has a car drives like a bloody drunk at 100 mph even at the smallest of roads!

:eek: :eek: :(:(:(:(

Excusssssse me!! :( Its not!! well only some parts:rolleyes: .. Where were you? Some gaeltacht area? Or up by daniel o donnel?;)
    haha you have to laugh -->> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1DfZMn-6M8

Where in donegal were u?
    :D I was up North of Buncrana closer to Dunree fort if you know it.
    Anyway, ahem....back to school:rolleyes:

Stev_o wrote:
    Its not that bad bar that every 11 year old up there somehow has a car drives like a bloody drunk at 100 mph even at the smallest of roads!

Ok..what is with all the dissin of Donegal?:confused::confused: I have never seen an 11 year old drive a car in my life!! You see 16 year olds sometimes..but thats it!! And..We dont have many wee roads any more!! But sure every county has them wee roads!!:rolleyes: :o It was voted that the donegal accent is the sexiest in the world!!;) ;) ...well except them old men..i cant even understand them!!
    trogdor wrote:
    :D I was up North of Buncrana closer to Dunree fort if you know it.
    Anyway, ahem....back to school:rolleyes:

I've never head of Dunree fort!!:eek: I've heard of buncrana..Never went there before though..sure what is there to do up there? Its your fault for going there!! Letterkenny/Donegal town/Bundoran is the best place to be really!! We'll i dont like bundoran anymore..its too tacky and too many tourists!!:mad: So i dont go up there any more!!

Ok..so back to the topic of going back to school..:rolleyes: ..

Dreading it..!!:mad:

Anyone doubting the subject choices they made? Kinda regretting doing chemistry

• Advertisement

Only really dawned on me today that i was going back to school again tomorrow when i saw my little brother in his new uniform:mad: :(
    It was voted that the donegal accent is the sexiest in the world!!;) ;)
    By who:confused::D
    I've never head of Dunree fort!!:eek: I've heard of buncrana..Never went there before though..sure what is there to do up there? Its your fault for going there!! Letterkenny/Donegal town/Bundoran is the best place to be really!! We'll i dont like bundoran anymore..its too tacky and too many tourists!!:mad: So i dont go up there any more!!

Didn't say i didn't like it just that it's bogland out there:p ;) Been to all three of the above, Donegal town and letterkenny are nice, can't stand Bundoran though, i don't think it would be possible to fit more asumements in that place:rolleyes:

trogdor wrote:
    Only really dawned on me today that i was going back to school again tomorrow when i saw my little brother in his new uniform:mad: :(

By who:confused::D

Didn't say i didn't like it just that it's bogland out there:p ;) Been to all three of the above, Donegal town and letterkenny are nice, can't stand Bundoran though, i don't think it would be possible to fit more asumements in that place:rolleyes:

Your lucky you said you liked Donegal Town..:rolleyes: Thats where im from!!:D Anyway..school..what time does everyone start and end school?

Well thanks to stupid education minster saying that my school was missing something like a days worth of hours at school i have to start at 8.40 :( and were seniors would get off at 1 o clock on fridays we dont get released till 2.15 with the juniors *sigh* How i hate education ministers.

I have a gruelling day tomorrow, in at 2 and out at 3:p. Just some transition year talk. Tuesday off and then the rest of the year it's 8:50 to 3:50 all week except Wednesdays which are 8:50 to 1:10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

As far as I know I'm back on Friday. I suppose the times are the same as they have been for a while. We already do an extra 1.75 hours a week compared to another school. :(

Yeah we were doing alf an hour too little each week..we used to start at 9.15 and end at 3.45 every day..but now its 9-4 on monday and tuesday and on wed,thur and fri its 09.00 until 3.20..:rolleyes:

Do ye all get very long lunches or something, we ahe school from 9-3.30 every dau and that's grand, we have a 15 minute break and 35 minute lunch every day too and afaik that's the normal hours for a school to have.

Piste wrote:
    Do ye all get very long lunches or something, we ahe school from 9-3.30 every dau and that's grand, we have a 15 minute break and 35 minute lunch every day too and afaik that's the normal hours for a school to have.

We have 15 mins break and 45 mins lunch

Piste wrote:
    20 mins and 40 mins here, i'd much rather have a half day on Wednesday than be out slightly earlier on all days though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Department circular says the student week has to be 28 hours classroom contact. This cannot include assemblies, morning breaks or lunch breaks and these all have to be timetabled outside the 28.

Many schools used to be able to get away with not doing the 28 hours but as Whole School Evaluations spread, principals/CEOs are told directly and can't pretend they didn't know.

Bollocks to that they just end up giving 5th years PE for the first time ever and knowing my luck it ll end up being on a day after training or the day of rugby training so i wont be bothered to do anything. Whats worse is that every PE class will be just football :(

My school does ~30 hours... 45 ~40 minute classes.. Hmph.

We're in from 8:55 to 3:30 every day, 15 minute break and 30 minute lunch. If you do LCA you get a half day on Friday. Lucky LCAs. It's funny as if there are any LCAs doing detention they just leave school at the same time as everyone else on a Friday.

I only just noticed that in two weeks and 3 days we will have our results!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Davidius wrote:
    As far as I know I'm back on Friday. I suppose the times are the same as they have been for a while. We already do an extra 1.75 hours a week compared to another school. :(

If you're going into TY we're not back til Monday. Don't mind going back too much tbh.

Re times, SES told SCO last year that we just had enough classes per week but they might think about the day going on til 4pm instead of 3.45 so we could have another hour off on Wednesday.

jb91 wrote:
    If you're going into TY we're not back til Monday. Don't mind going back too much tbh.

Re times, SES told SCO last year that we just had enough classes per week but they might think about the day going on til 4pm instead of 3.45 so we could have another hour off on Wednesday.

Yeah all our school times are messed up..not looking forward to the year ahead..we got a new principle last year..everyone hates him..we are getting school jackets this year aswel..:eek: :eek: ewwww:mad:

• Advertisement

Just back from school:(:(:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 egyhos

oh nooooo:eek: :eek: :eek:... im getting bak on the 4th...
    god damn 5th yr:mad: :mad: ... but im goin to the institute, meaning new skool so thats something to look forward to...

trogdor wrote:
    Just back from school:(:(:mad::mad::mad:

It's so weird to think that there are people in school while I'm still in France on my summer holidays!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Still cant keept away though can ye :D

Was in for an hour today......weird feeling wearing uniform...but good craic afterwords, pizza and chinese in park :D

I saw someone in a school uniform today. Pretty weird.

• Advertisement

*shudders at thought of school and the wierd people in it*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

School is the sex! Seriously!
    I love my school! :D I think it's the fact that it's the worst/scummiest school in Limerick that makes it the best in ways! :p

What school is that Poxyshamrock....if ya dont mind me askin lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 egyhos

omg...i was walking down blanchardstown shopping centre 2day and there was ppl wearing der uniform, i felt sooo sorry for them:( and it felt kinda wierd cause i have a week of summer left...:) :D:)

Hmm, back from the first day a while ago. Not a real first day though, I was just in organising first years. God I'd hate to be going into first year right now.

i would love to be in first yr again!!:rolleyes: The easyness of it!! Went into the school today for the craic..(im not back till monday..) got my timetable got the worst teachers ever for TY:mad: not fair!!:mad: :mad:

i would love to be in first yr again!!:rolleyes: The easyness of it!! Went into the school today for the craic..(im not back till monday..) got my timetable got the worst teachers ever for TY:mad: not fair!!:mad: :mad:

Ahaha unlucky i bet any of your friends who went into 5th year would be glad they made the right choice.

But on the brightside you dont rlly have to do anything for them and you wont get punishment work if you dont comply so it aint all bad

Stev_o wrote:
    Ahaha unlucky i bet any of your friends who went into 5th year would be glad they made the right choice.

But on the brightside you dont rlly have to do anything for them and you wont get punishment work if you dont comply so it aint all bad

Why would they be going into 5th year already;..? they are going into 4th year!!:rolleyes:

1st yr,2nd yr,3rd year, TY (optional) 4th year,5th year..!!

Stev_o wrote:

Why would they be going into 5th year already;..? they are going into 4th year!!:rolleyes:

1st yr,2nd yr,3rd year, TY (optional) 4th year,5th year..!!

He means if they decided not to do TY.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement