Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to school... :/

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

was back today, only a few hours, what a pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Was back today for 3 hours god it seemed longer have been told by the teachers that we are not going on a foreign school trip but more activities in school well this T.Y is going to be ****e:( :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭-donegal-girlie

egyhos wrote:
    wait, so in donegal transition yr is different frm 4th yr??:confused:
    woo...freaky...:eek:

Yup..1st year,2nd yr and 3rd year are compulsary..then you decide if you want to do TY (optional) If you dont want to do TY then you do fourth year..and in 5th year you do your leaving cert..i always thought it was the same in every school!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

Woah ... ye all seem to get really short luncbreaks !

We get 15 mins for Break and 1hr 10 mins for Lunch.
    9x38 mins classes 9-4 lol

Anyway I have done TY last year and I found it the worst thing ever. We done EVERY SINGLE leaving cert subject aswell as a couple of modules. It seriously was such a waste of a year, We were the first year to try out the new TY method. Mostly negative in the school cos we basically sat and talked all year. It was some doss tbh. Anyway just back from school today where Im going into 5th yr and OMG im so scared, I didnt lift a finger, we are all so screwed ! Really need to get my head down! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Mines pretty cool this year....we're doing polish as one module :D

• Advertisement

Mines pretty cool this year....we're doing polish as one module :D

Yeah just finished the 2nd day of TY..so tiring finishing at 4!! haha but tomorrow,thur and fri we are finished at 3.20 soo not too bad!! I love TY though..Our school got a big grant this year for TY and we have already planned to go to an adventure centre, surfing and somewhere else cant remember..Does anyone else do PD as a subject? Personal development? We are getting an electronic baby..that you have to look after for a day..it crys between 7-16 times a night and has sensors so it knows if its nappy was changed or if it was fed when it cryed..and all that..and if you supported its head properly..And then the next day at school the teacher connects it to the computer and it gives a print out of how you did!! i cant wait!! It looks just like a doll though..haha same weight as a baby..and you have an electronic tag sealed on your hand that the teacher cuts off the next day..so you cant leave someone else babysitting!!:rolleyes: ;)

We have "Mental Health"........no SPHE or PD tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Today we went to the ol' Tain Village adventure centre to do rock climbing,Archory,Kaycking and Bannana Boat-was mostly savage, though wet suits are not flattering on over weight people like meself :D

These early mornings are battering me-my systems not used to the 5/6 hours sleep yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

We are getting an electronic baby..that you have to look after for a day..it crys between 7-16 times a night and has sensors so it knows if its nappy was changed or if it was fed when it cryed..and all that..and if you supported its head properly..And then the next day at school the teacher connects it to the computer and it gives a print out of how you did!! i cant wait!! It looks just like a doll though..haha same weight as a baby..and you have an electronic tag sealed on your hand that the teacher cuts off the next day..so you cant leave someone else babysitting!!:rolleyes: ;)

That's is so creepy. I'm so glad we've nothing like that in my school!

Piste wrote:
    That's is so creepy. I'm so glad we've nothing like that in my school!

Dont really see how it is creepy?:confused:
    It is optional..and personaly i cant wait to do it..! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We have "Mental Health"........no SPHE or PD tho

I think that's a really good idea.
    Hmmm - thinks of suggesting it for next year in my school...

We are also doing "Communication Skills"...interesting enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

God T.Y is so boring in my school granted this is the year we do the concert(only do it every 2 years) but so far it has just been ****e.Being told we have to pay from 150 euro to do a P.L.D.C course for which I already I know 3 quarters of the **** because my brother was a computer programmer:mad: :mad: why couldn't that money be spent somewhere else like a decent school trip our school never goes outside the country.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Dont really see how it is creepy?:confused:
    It is optional..and personaly i cant wait to do it..! :D:D

Well like, dragging around a robot-baby thing and having to look after it would really creep me out! It's feel like when I was 6 and baby borns were all the rage. (and my sister drew on my one's head :(:(:( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 egyhos

had my first day of 5th yr on tuesday... god the institute is sooo creepy, it looks like its gona take me a really long time to make frnds if ever:( :( ...
    oh and we have a 15 min break or sumthin lyk dat (i wasnt rely concentrating) and a 1 hr lunch (optional) hu da **** would rather have classes instead of lunch??:confused::confused:

Advertisement