Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Initials 'CD' on an Irish car Reh

Options
  • 23-08-2007 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

What do the initials 'CD' mean on the end of some Irish number plates?
    Is it a govt car or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Corp Diplomatique - Diplomat's car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭wandererz

Think they're diplomatic plates. Noticed this at one of the embassies recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭afatbollix

cant be stoped by cops i think and they get cheeper petrol aswell... you see a load of them in belgium and luxemburg...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

anto-t wrote:
    cant be stoped by cops i think and they get cheeper petrol aswell... you see a load of them in belgium and luxemburg...
    Got to get me one of those then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They can be stopped i think but they can't be prosecuted, they don't have to pay parking/speeding fines etc, although I think most embassies do pay them as it would be considered impolite not to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

they can request immunity from prosecution but rarely do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I thought it was they could be stopped but could not be searched although it was years ago at this stage when I enquired about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

We should sticky this, it comes up every month. :D

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I deleted my post. Apologies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement