Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any free betfair calculators?

Options
  • 24-08-2007 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

I'm new to betfair and lost a little money yesterday because a laying calculator I found didn't take betfair's 5% commission into account. Are the software packages like bet-angel worth the money? Their site seems to blab on about how high quality etc the software is, without actually saying what it does or the functionality. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

You can change the settings and it will do this for you.
    Go into options and tick the option Show P/L net of commission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

Hi Brandonblock,
    generally you got to do the maths yourself if you are using both betfair and a bookie to trade prices.

if you are doing just trading on betfair, then you can click "options" and there you can check/tick the box enabling "show profit/loss". that will inform you exactly where you stand if a bet were placed.

I often trade between bookies and betfair, and I generally use a rule where all my profit will fall on the betfair side, it deals with the commission fee.

also it helps if most money is in betfair, as you may ,for example see a 25/1 bet on a bookie and need to lay it off for 20 on betfair.
    now, to lay 10 quids worth at betfair , you will need 190 available to spend in betfair. 20 = 19/1 or 190/10 .

What were you trading on ? if you dont mind me asking ?

B-hop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

There was a game during the week a tennis match, Almagro vs. Bennetteau, and you could back Bennetteau for 2.25 on Boyles and lay him on Betfair for 2.02. But with the Betfair commission + the credit card advancement fees it wiped out my profits completely (he lost like, so my lay on betfair won) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Might be stating the obvious, but better off using laser on betfair. No way around commission though. :( Well, apart from betting like mad to get it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

I'm not 100% if this is what you are after, but http://www.oddschecker.com/ have a hedging calculator that takes commission into account. Go to 'select power tool' and then 'hedging calculator'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Bateman - Don't have a laser currently, is there an annual charge on them?

Bateman - Don't have a laser currently, is there an annual charge on them?

I'm with permanent tsb, and I'm pretty sure I don't get charged. I had a regular account and asked about laser. I simply signed one or two forms and out came the card a few days later :)

The handy thing with betfair and laser - you can withdraw money straight back into your bank account. You can no-longer withdraw money to a credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

since when ?........ i had a withdrawl last month without problem

since when ?........ i had a withdrawl last month without problem

That's odd. Are you based in the UK?
    * Please note you cannot withdraw more to a UK MasterCard Credit Card than you deposited with that card and cannot withdraw anything to international MasterCards. These rules are imposed by MasterCard.
    * Please note you can only withdraw from the UK Licence Wallet. In order to withdraw funds that are currently in the Australian Licence Wallet you must first transfer them to the UK Licence Wallet.
    * Please note you cannot transfer any funds out of the Australian Licence Wallet until you have completed a Know Your Customer (KYC) check. Please click here for further details.
    * Owing to a recent change in policy by VISA, you can only withdraw up to a maximum of USD48,000 or currency equivalent per day to any VISA card (including all debit cards).
    * There are certain restrictions when using payment cards at Betfair. Please ensure that you are familiar with Betfair's Card Policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

I assume it's because his credit card is not mastercard (eg Visa). I've Visa but stopped using it when they (Visa) started charging me interest a few months ago for gaming transactions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement