Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ROS.ie VRT calculator accuracy

Options
  • 24-08-2007 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

How accurate is the ROS.ie VRT calculator in practice? Has anyone used it and then found that when they went to the VRO that they had to pay more than expected?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

One of the lads just paid VRT on his M3, the figure quote on the calculator was the figure he paid.

On the other hand, if they picked your car for a more detailed inspection you could be looking at more, depending on extra's on/in the car and the condition of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I paid the amount the the ROS site said the day I went in. It will rarely change unless of course you are stupid enough to mention extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

If the car that you import is exactly what's on their website and you input the correct details then there should be no problem i.e if you import an se model but only input a normal model then you will get an incorrect amount from the website.Then one of the staff will input the details of the car correctly into their system and get the correct amount.When I imported my A4 last year I paid exactly what I was quoted on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

The online calculator tends to be fairly accurate unless you're importing a top of the range car, ie sat nav and the lot!

Happy Driving!

Advertisement