Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could anyone help? Team Saracen racing bike!?!?!

Options
  • 24-08-2007 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

hey guys! im about to buy a bike but im wondering how much i should pay?!

its a Saracen 2007 racing bike, aluminium frame, shimano break and gear shifters. new.

im wondering how much i should pay for the bike. im thinking about max €300 cos i dont really want to spend too much on it. it looks like a nic bike tho, i was just wondering, since most of you know so much about bikes, what should i pay for it or should i even bother buyng it at all?!

im not really sure if saracen make good racing bikes cos the only saracen bike ive senn before was a bmx. so im just wondering if it is worht buying!?

thanks for your help!

cheers!!!

7sar152.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Seems to be a Saracen Tour, retail at GBP 350 so if you can get it for €300 that is a good deal. Saracen would not have a very strong reputation with road bikes and it is a bit bargain basement but a new aluminum road bike with STI for 300 is arguably hard to quibble with.

This thread from 2005 has someone asking about whether they should buy a Saracen Tour at 450 with generally good responses.

Another route to consider is second-hand as it's getting towards the end of the summer and bikes may become available. Shops may also have discounts. I've seen a lot more second-hand road bikes advertised the last few weeks.

Edit: BTW you are not going to get cheaper than €300! On reflection, this bike is definately a bargain at 300 but you may get better if you pay a bit more. Whatever you do, make sure you get something that fits you right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

thanks for the reply. ye i think im gonna take it. i dont wanna leave it till the end of the summer and find that i cant get a second hand bike. and plus i want the bike ASAP so i can start training. anyway thanks for the reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

I got it for €400, a bit above budget but i couldnt resist. while its on its way, does anybody know what this bike is like?!

Advertisement