Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Address of Car ownership when moving

Options
  • 24-08-2007 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

Sorry to bring up what I suspect is a repeating topic, but I cannot seem to find the info through searching :(

Quick question, when moving home, is it just a case of completing the back of the car ownership form with the new details and sending it off to Shannon?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

ciarsd wrote:
    Sorry to bring up what I suspect is a repeating topic, but I cannot seem to find the info through searching :(

Quick question, when moving home, is it just a case of completing the back of the car ownership form with the new details and sending it off to Shannon?

Cheers.

Simple answer - yep ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think you can actually do it online these days too at www.motortax.ie You may have to ring them for a new PIN though.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Sorry to hijack your thread OP, but a slightly related question:

My Dad died a few months ago so need to transfer his car into my mother's name.

Will this show up as another owner, or will it be treated as just a change of name? The car is currently on it's first owner as it was bought new.

Do people take much notice of the number of previous owners?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Sorry to hear about loss. I think that if a car has a few owners in the one family is not a bad thing. I don't think it'll effect the cars value at all

Advertisement