Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticks

Options
  • 24-08-2007 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Has anyone notice the amount of ticks around in the last few months?

I've killed about 100 of the feckers and they keep coming back, they keep crawling up the walls of the crescent, and a couple of other people in the crescent have mentioned it too.

I presume there's nothing that can really be don't except smashing them (they make a good crunch when you stand on em!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Crescent

HI Matt-Dublin,

We used to have a probem with them. Although we still get a few of the little blighters, we have found that a red spray gun called 'Ant stop gun' helped a lot. We bought it in woodies and spray it around the floors, sills in the bathroom, and other crevices about three times a year. We get one or two still around but nothing like it used to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Wahey...
    i found out they're not actually ticks,

they're actually vine weevils.

see below:
    https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0600/vineweevil.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

I have one of these fellas roaming about my apartment. Thanks for the link. I was afraid he might be able to fly so I didn't get too close! I can see from the link they can't fly. I also see that they're eaten by hedgehogs... Now who was it who had the hedgehog in their kitchen... Any chance of renting it out....

Advertisement