Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to process Eircom bb orders?

Options
  • 24-08-2007 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

Three days ago I ordered 2Mb Home Plus BB from Eircom. Based on your experience, what's the waiting time to get broadband from the moment you process the order to the moment your line is active?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

Maximum is normally about 10 working days (i.e. two weeks). Can be as short as 5 or 6 days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I had mine within 4 working days with the modem arriving in the post by the 3rd day.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I think mine was some sort of record, ordered it on a Tuesday afternoon, had a green light by Thursday evening. I guess it depends on where you are, and how busy the engineers are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Same here - it was enabled within 3 days. I just plugged in the old router out of curiosity - and bingo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Same here - it was enabled within 3 days. I just plugged in the old router out of curiosity - and bingo!
    Interesting. My router just arrived today, but I was told it would be switched on next friday. I must try it when I get home.
    It took about a week to arrive, by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

I ordered my broadband from eircom on tuesday(21th aug)They said it will take 10 working days which is understandable...Then they said i will be connected 4th sep...Im getting 1mg....Sooner the better....I hate dial-up....Hope it works also as i mite not be close enough......Lets hope people......

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

noby wrote:
    Interesting. My router just arrived today, but I was told it would be switched on next friday. I must try it when I get home.
    It took about a week to arrive, by the way.

Leave it plugged in and watch those lights!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Yep, worked first time friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

I was told 10 working days too but the router came 4 days later and it worked straight away. When we upgraded to the 2mb package from 1mb it happened overnight even though they said it would take a few days.

Advertisement