Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do play.com(uk) ship games to Ireland?

Options
  • 24-08-2007 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Since I can find no direct answer or contact information on Play.com I thought I would ask this here. Do Play.com ship Video games to the Republic of Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yes.

And it's in their delivery policy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yes, as said above, but you have to change the currency on the site to 'Euro'. It will not accept the order (and say something like "this item can not be shipped to Ireland") if you try to purchase with the GB£ price showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I would advise against buying a game worth over €22 from them though, it'll get held up by goddamn mailtrace for a month:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

tman wrote:
    I would advise against buying a game worth over €22 from them though, it'll get held up by goddamn mailtrace for a month:mad:

It's never happened to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

It's happened to me for the last 4 highly priced games that I bought off them, while dvds and the like arrived within a few days.

They're still one of my favourite etailers, but just thought I'd give a little warning...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Well to late I've placed my pre-order. We'll see how thinks work out..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ive never been stung for getting a game at any price,or a dvd for that matter this whole customs thing is nonsense anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Spaco

I buy nearly all my games on Play and i'd have them within the week. The odd time a package has gone missing from them but they'd just mail me a new one.... and it's hella cheaper than in town

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Spaco wrote:
    I buy nearly all my games on Play and i'd have them within the week. The odd time a package has gone missing from them but they'd just mail me a new one.... and it's hella cheaper than in town

Cheaper than town!? Where do you go shopping.

I buy all my games in Smyths and their prices are equal to or less than Play's prices. GAME and HMV are rip-offs though, I stopped buying from them years ago. eg Bioshock is €61.99 from Play and I got it yesterday in Smyths for €49.99 with the loyality card normal price is €59.99.

I only buy from Play when the game/dvd is not in stock in town as I hate waiting a week for a new release when I can get it in a half hour from town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Actually, I'm having an odd issue with them at the moment. Recently ordered 3 games.

The game priced @ €44.95 arrived in 6 days
    The game priced @ €34.95 arrived in 7 days
    Its now day 10 and I'm still waiting on the game priced @ €22.95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

GAME and HMV are rip-offs though

HMV are rip off's all right, I find Game very good though, maybe not for new releases but the price goes down very fast from 45 to 30 to 25 to 15, big releases stay more expensive longer but the not so big releases come down in price very fast and you will often find games going for 15 that were 45 a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

MooseJam wrote:
    HMV are rip off's all right, I find Game very good though, maybe not for new releases but the price goes down very fast from 45 to 30 to 25 to 15, big releases stay more expensive longer but the not so big releases come down in price very fast and you will often find games going for 15 that were 45 a few weeks ago
    Only reason GAME lower prices is when other shops (mainly Virgin and Smyths) are selling them cheaper :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Well I ordered two copies of Armed Assault from them and received an e-mail telling me they were posted on the 22nd of August.

& I've yet to get them. Dunno what the craic is or what do to about it :mad: I can't get ArmA in town hence me picking up a copy for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I think it's probably to do with random Royal Mail strikes. I've got several packages coming from the UK that are taking weeks to arrive, not sent by Play.com

hopefully that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I had a bit of a problem with tham too, I bought Dead Rising but it hadn't come after 4 weeks, so I told them and they sent another. Two weeks later I got them both in the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ordered god of war 2 limited edition last time,arrived 4 weeks later from the date of the launch.pain in ass when everytime i walked pass Gamestop at that time:mad:

if you cant wait,i wont recommend play.com

ffs, well as ive said I ordered 2 copies of arma and they were posted in the 22nd of augest and STILL have not arrived!!!

They dont sell that game in the shops over here though :(

But I wont be using play again. Any better online shops for games?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

bioshock cost me forty euro on play, was bloody shocked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Unfortunately no online retailer will be able to magically get An Post and Royal Mail to do a decent job of delivering your packages for you.

Play are quite good to deal with though, so if you ring them up they'll send them out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Ya, I find Play.com grand. I have bought a lot from them and about one dvd or game in about thirty does not arrive. I just let them know in the 'My Account" section of the site and they always send out another - no questions asked.

Advertisement