Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Jumps in Dublin

Options
  • 24-08-2007 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I just bought a Diamondback Bandito,

does anyone know any good spots to go?????
    i'm in dublin city centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

3 rock!

or

St Anns PArk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Where exactly do you guys go up in 3 rock? I've been meaning to get down and dirty off the beaten track, but when I went up there, there weren't any trails I could find, is this just me being blind?

Are these trails etc legit? Or are they just wherever you find somewhere interesting? I saw a few Valleys etc the other day when I was heading up to my uncles, are these the sort of places?

There are trails all over the place in 3 Rock.Just look for trails leading into the forest and follow them.There's a nice few trails leading from the masts to the carpark.From the mast look for the narrow rocky trail(The Boneshaker).It's pretty easy to find.Turn left halfway down and keep following the trails crossing the roads every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭capnsantini

Drapper wrote:
    3 rock!

or

St Anns PArk

St Anns Park? Clontarf? Are you serious? I only saw rose gardens and a playground there. Where would the trails be? I live near there and would be super stoked to have some trails that close......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I am also "jumps interested". And ready to spend some time, sweat and tears.
    If there is no info, I am going to find that BMX track tomorrow, just to see how does it look like.
    Please, let us know more about jumps and interesting spots to ride and to learn.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

There's a BMX course in Marley Park, just off the parking lot which is just north of the entrance along the M50. Nothing too huge, but if you pedal fast enough you'll get some air for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Sweet. And I could go to Three Rock after it, if I get bored.
    Any Google Map location for the jumps in St. Anns Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

St Anns Park? Clontarf? Are you serious? I only saw rose gardens and a playground there. Where would the trails be? I live near there and would be super stoked to have some trails that close......
    How could you miss them? I have never cycled through there but i have walked and let me tell you... There is all kinds of fun through there.

Do not enter where the rose garden is. Keep going up the Howth (towards howth) road till you see a little car parking area on your left. Go in the little entrance there. There are even old ruins lying around the place.

In fact i once walked into a medievil battle scene there :D Its like Sherwood forest. Seriously. Two groups of people dressed out of Robin hood with swords and bows etc. I warned one group of an ambush ahead :D:D

Cool. I know the car park you're talking about. I've never been in that way. Sounds cool. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Ronan3345

I actually used to go to st. anns a few years ago on my bmx. There was some nice doubles.
    I popped in for a look a few months ago and there wasn't much left of the jumps. A lil bit o work is all thats needed tho'. who's up for it??

btw...when u go in that gate at the little carpark, go up the hill and cross the pitches to your right....that's the best spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

The Saint Annes jumps aren't worth going to IMHO. Back in the day the "chuckies" as they were known used to have riders at them every weekend digging and riding (known locally as the "SAP"'s or Saint Anne's Pro's). A few yeras ago we spent a couple wfo rainy weeks redigging but it was pointless. We went up one day and there were kids with hurleys hacking at the jumps. They are so well known with the locals and kids that they just get wrecked almost immidiately with kids rolling over the lips, running up and over them etc.... The jumps got totally destroyed a few years back when a body was found in the middle of them. Some guy was nurdered with a hammer or hatchet to the head and the police tore everything down looking for evidence.

Advertisement