Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celeb BB Axed

Options
  • 24-08-2007 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

Channel 4 is axing next year's series of Celebrity Big Brother, it announced today.

C4 was criticised over Jade Goody's racist outbursts
    The move, which comes after the race row that engulfed the previous series, is part of a programme of "creative renewal", according to the broadcaster.

The highly successful series, which attracts huge ratings, is expected to return in 2009.

The decision also comes after this year's series of the standard non-celebrity Big Brother has failed to make as big a splash as usual, even though it has still attracted healthy ratings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

TBH it wasn't an annual thing when it started and it's probably a good thing to let it rest. The last two weren't all that great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

Wow two threads!!:D

The last two CBB's were the best IMO. I enjoy CBB more than the regular show, it's a shame it's being axed, but not a surprise. No celebs would dare do it now!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

brilliant, hopefully the main show will follow suit

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

good argument Cremo and well articulated :rolleyes:

I am really disappointed that it's been dropped. Especially when you see the home grown alternatives that C4 produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Hallelujah and praise the Lord! Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the main show too. Who needs an articulated argument on this one? Big Brother should've been done away with years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Oh go away you, i like watching people sleep all night...
    I also like the way that its actually shown in realtime and not edited...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Dyflin wrote:
    good argument Cremo and well articulated :rolleyes:
    it has run it's course, the show was interesting for the first 2 seasons or so, i saw one eviction night last week and my god, these guys in front of a blue screen with spongy legs pretending to be monks.

how the hell anyone would find that interesting not to mention complete knobs sitting/sleeping on a couch/bed 24/7 is beyond me.

Cremo wrote:
    it has run it's course, the show was interesting for the first 2 seasons or so, i saw one eviction night last week and my god, these guys in front of a blue screen with spongy legs pretending to be monks.

how the hell anyone would find that interesting not to mention complete knobs sitting/sleeping on a couch/bed 24/7 is beyond me.

I like BB. Fair enough it's not as good as it was in the beginning, but I still enjoy the HL's.

I really preferred the Celebrity one though. Because they only had a month they'd cram so much in, so the HL's always had something going on. The worst mistake was putting Jade in this year. It was a great show up until that point. Not forgetting of course Mr Sayers fantastic escape!!! I think he thought the Faceman was gonna organise for BA to waiting for him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Awww :( I wish they would axe the other one and keep the celeb one. Celeb one is more interesting and only goes on for a month or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

But only the other day they were saying they had Paris Hilton lined up for CBB! :confused:

• Advertisement

But only the other day they were saying they had Paris Hilton lined up for CBB! :confused:
    :eek: I've changed my mind, thank god they've axed it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Yeah, she'd just be sittin' around going, "This is hot...I'm hot."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

JJ wrote:
    Yeah, she'd just be sittin' around going, "This is hot...I'm hot."

Haha that would have been entertaining! :p

Advertisement