Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter ride

Options
  • 24-08-2007 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Anyone know how I would go about arranging a helicopter ride for somebody? www.topgifts.ie and www.greatdaysout.ie seem to offer helicopter lessons or EXPENSIVE rides.

Any other ideas? Anyone own a chopper?!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

Have you find anything yet?
    I amalso looking and have found this add.
    but the weblink does not seem to work.

Why not try something different with a helicopter ride over Dublin city. First Flight Aviation Ltd. offers helicopter tours over the city centre, with more distant views of Dublin Bay and the north and south coastlines. These flights cost from €150 per person. Location Cargo Building 1, Dublin Airport, Co. Dublin
    Phone 01 8900222
    Web site www.firstflight.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

http://www.irish-helicopters.com/?pg=charter
    http://www.celtichelicopters.ie/Sight%20Seeing.html

Price quoted from top gifts etc are usually for the full use of the helicopter - max 5 adults.
    Irish Helicopters & celtic helicopters seem to have regular sightseeing trips on a pay per passenger basis, so you can buy 1 seat for €180/€200 and you'll have 4 other passengers in the chopper with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭yellowellie

Thanks for replies.

I haven't arranged anything yet but I'm in County Galway and I found these guys- www.executive-helicopters.com. They're based in Oranmore. I rang them and they do tours from Oranmore out to Salthill/Connemara but what I'm looking for is a trip over the area at home before heading for the coast, maybe even picking up my Dad out in the field, just for effect! I have to plan a route and they will quote a price based on what I'm looking for.

Advertisement