Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breeze - is this a good offer?

Options
  • 24-08-2007 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, just enquiring if this is value for money. Opinions would be great. We have no phone line and there will be 4 of us using the internet, nothing to hectic...just the usual browsing, emailing and the occasional downloading.

http://www.irishbroadband.com/products_display.php?id=2

Cheers
    Trilla

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Yep !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

eh thanks!!!

Anyone recommend anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

No.
    At least not if Digiweb's in your area.

http://www.digiweb.ie/broadband_metro_index.asp?i=80&i2=81&i6=90&zzz=hm

Save €12 and get 3 Mb down/512 kb up for €35.

And get VoIP phones for yourselves. €10 per month per phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

What's the contention ratio on Digiweb's service?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

tak wrote:
    No.

Digiweb shape data....

• Advertisement

By VoIP phone I don't mean Digiweb's phone - but rather a phone from a VoIP only service provider.
    Reasons for this in many previous threads to VoIP and Broadband forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Many people find Digiweb's phone service better than 3rd party VOIP. You can try both and compare. Many of the VOIP suppliers have a free period and you can use free SW on your PC/Laptop to test before you buy a VOIP adaptor for 3rd party.

Digiweb don't shape data. You get throttled to roughtly dual channel ISDN speed, though if you are over your 30 day rolling Cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

AT LEAST IT HAS NO download cap.Its a good value service,you need line of sight to the aerial i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I have this and I havent had a single problem with it, I always get 2.9Mbps when I run a speedtest and downloads often hit ~350kbps depending on servers really, upload is also great, been uploading to flicker and its really fast!

If you can get the signal Id say go for it, better than any dsl from eircom imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

ab_cork wrote:
    I have this and I havent had a single problem with it, I always get 2.9Mbps when I run a speedtest and downloads often hit ~350kbps depending on servers really,
    I presume/hope you mean 350 kBps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

tak wrote:
    No.

There is an installation fee of €100 and a Cap of 30GB with Digiweb. Plus the contention rate is higher

The contention of 40:1 that I have is never applied on me.
    Even if things are busy in the fall evenings I always get 1/4 of my max download and all my upload.
    There is no installation charge when you pay a full year's amount in advance.
    As you say you have just ordinary usage of the downloading then I doubt if your cap (30 GB/month) will be too restrictive.
    I'd be wary of IB also.
    Top management may have changed but there has not been too many reports of improvement yet . . .
    A year is a long time in broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I use the 3meg breeze from IBB and I have to say it's been pretty solid lately. Download speeds always up to nearly 350KBps

Pings been pretty good aswell.

I won't lie, they've had their bad times but over the last 2-3 months it's got a lot better imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

IBB Breeze is no longer oversold ( too many customers on a mast) as it was under former management particularly in late 2005 and is an excellent product delivering what it says .

IBB saw the error of their ways long ago and deserve credit for that. They used to have their own sticky on top a la 3 nowadays. I personally asked for it to be unstickied long ago .

Digiweb Metro is an equally excellent product delivering what it says. Unlike IBB Digiweb never oversold it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 singularity

Sponge Bob wrote:
    IBB Breeze is no longer oversold ( too many customers on a mast) as it was under former management particularly in late 2005 and is an excellent product delivering what it says .

IBB saw the error of their ways long ago and deserve credit for that. They used to have their own sticky on top a la 3 nowadays. I personally asked for it to be unstickied long ago .

Digiweb Metro is an equally excellent product delivering what it says. Unlike IBB Digiweb never oversold it.

If they didn't oversell their product, they would have zero contention, which they don't.

My connection is, after a long period of excellent service, now back to the 2005 levels.

Advertisement