Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pointers please

• 24-08-2007 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I wanna setup pxe boot on my home network. I have eircom wireless, Vista 64 machine running vmware and a another machine I am going to use as a test box.

I'm running fedora 8 test on vmware and hoping to use that to provide my pxe boot server. The main issue I am worried about is dhcp on my eircom router and issues this might raise.

Anyone got any insight into this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

You'll need to either disable the dhcp on your eircom router (should be easy enough) or specify the IP of the dhcp server you want to PXE boot from (not sure if the latter is possible) or look into vmnet-dhcpd which would force the vm into using the host machine as a dhcp server.

Not much help there I'm afriad. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Using bridged networking on my vm clone so it should be just turn on dhcpd and off we go. Since there are others using the wireless in my house I want to switch seamlessly to issuing address from my linux vm clone.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Turn off DHCP on your router. Then you need DHCPD and TFTPD running on the VMWare machine.

What OS are you planning to PXE boot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

CentOS, is my plan so, but I wanna eventually have more than one. I plan on rebuilding my test box numerous times.

Advertisement