Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Debian and GStreamer

• 24-08-2007 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46

Does anyone know how i would solve this problem?
    I am using Debian Etch.

When I first start after freshly installing the system The audio runs fine. everything works, every time after that i bot up and the volume control doesn't work and says "The volume control did not find any elements and/or devices to control. This means either that you don't have the right GStreamer plugins installed, or that you don't have a sound card configured.

You can remove the volume control from the panel by right-clicking the speaker icon on the panel and selecting "Remove From Panel" from the menu."

Any Ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

This is probably a groups issue. Check that you're in the "audio" group in /etc/group (I think that's it). If you run the volume control as root does it work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 thejetset

After all the trouble I realised that now I had wiped my system my problem with fedora was gone and now am using fedora

Advertisement