Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thailand (Bangkok, Samui & Chang Mai)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 30d1a

a fair oul rule that got me through handy is :

Thai people are very timid (in a sense) , private might be a better word ...

by no means ignorant though , very pleasant and will talk to you if you talk first but anyone whos genuine normally will jus go about their business ...

if you find a thai parson coming up to chat to you to tell you about about the culture , traditions etc... most likely your gonna be proposed somethin that'll part you wit your cash ....

was passing the army base round the corner from the palace in Bangkok ... 2 lads in uniform stroll over an stop me ....

theres me ****tin it thinkin i did somethin wrong ... then one blurts out

"Yesss you fire gun , come come , many weapon "

ended up firing a colt 9mm in the firing range out the back for 800 baht lol ...

one thing to remember is respect their tradition an religion too , they're very passionate about stuff like this and you'll be respected yourself if you do so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

30d1a wrote: »
    one thing to remember is respect their tradition an religion too , they're very passionate about stuff like this and you'll be respected yourself if you do so

And their royal family. In fact, disrespect their royal family and it's off to prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

I'm not sure should this question get it's own thread or will I just get everyone going with where they've been rather than an unbiased answer, and even if I do get an unbiased answer, I suppose the answer is it's personal preference rather than hard and fast, but I'll ask it anyway.

I'm considering going to Thailand for 2 weeks on my way to Australia. I don't want to rush such a destination, but want to make the most of it. It seems to me there's 3 destinations from Bangkok:
    1. east to Angkor Wat to be blown away
    2. south to the islands, seedyness, partying, activities and relaxation
    3. north to Chiang Mai and treking, adventure, etc.
    I'm thinking Angkor Wat is not to be missed, so what should I think about when looking at north or south? I'm guessing trying to get both in would be a bad idea but both sound like they have wonderful qualities. What way is best to travel as well, is it worth it to fly?

Appreciate any help you can give.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

i was in thailand last march and was in both the north and south. chiang mai is a really cool place and more laid back than bangkok, with all the same attractions and more.
    in the south i was on phuket and phi phi. phuket is alright and really doesnt give you that island feeling. phi phi on the other hand is amazing and worth the trip.
    when i came home i said to everyone it was like been on two holidays because the north and south are so different.
    cant help you on angkor but i will say i liked thailand so much im going back to travel SE Asia for 3 months. check out my blog. it might help you decide!
    www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/darrenh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 skygirl

for the guys some info
    http://bangkokformen.blogspot.com/

Advertisement