Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Kit

• 24-08-2007 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Where does one get the transfer kit for the 360 elite? The only info I can find on Microsoft.com seems american only

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They are supposed to be providing the kit for free for Elite purchasers if they require it if they are doing things the same as the US, they expect most buyers of the Elite to be new to the 360 though so won't need it.

Try calling up the Irish Xbox support line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Uthred

Rang the helpline and got it no problem (well depending on how much of a problem you consider having to spell an entire conversation to be ;) ). They said it would take up to 10 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Gamestop will transfer your old content to the elite if you are trading up from a premium, and will take up to an hour depending on how much stuff is on your 20gb hdd....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Uthred

The Gamestop in dundalk lacks a transfer cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Uthred wrote:
    The Gamestop in dundalk lacks a transfer cable

Looks like a trip to the Big Smoke is in order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I assume i could use my XSATA to do the same job, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Arciphel wrote:
    I assume i could use my XSATA to do the same job, right?

Yep will do the job fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

www.xbox.com/en-ie/support

You need to give an Elite Serial number in order to get the cable. Sort of defeats the whole purpose of trading in your Premium system for it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

just remmeber to continue with your 20gb hard drive until you get your cable because you cant just add the stuff to the 120 gig. and you cant transfer back again so once it's done thats it.

you get the transfer kit free in Smyths when you buy the elite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

if you were to just buy the 120gb hard drive would you be able t get the 20gb stuff transferred onto easily???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The 120G drive is supposed to come with the transfer cable already.

Advertisement