Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return Policy

Options
  • 24-08-2007 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the return policy of the big game shops in regards to PC & Console games ?

I know GAME will give a refund on console games within 10 days with a receipt or exchange without. They wont give a refund on pc games but I'm pretty sure they allow them to be exchanged ?

Last time I checked HMV give a refund up to 28 days with a receipt on all games. Is this true ?

What about Smyths ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

AFAIK they'll only exchange/refund pc games if they are faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Cremo wrote:
    AFAIK they'll only exchange/refund pc games if they are faulty.

Faulty as in the disc doesnt work ? What if they keep crashing/you cant get them working even though you have the recommended specs ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

just tell them you need net access to activate it and you dont have it and you did'nt realise you needed it!they should take it back anyway as long as you did'nt open it .... please tell me you did'nt open it :-|

just tell them you need net access to activate it and you dont have it and you did'nt realise you needed it!they should take it back anyway as long as you did'nt open it .... please tell me you did'nt open it :-|

I opened it ;*(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

oh jesus you did'nt :| ah well thats the end of that then

• Advertisement

oh jesus you did'nt :| ah well thats the end of that then

I'll go in and make a fuss and see if I get anywhere.

haha ya go on sure tis worth a try sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Returning Bioshock?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

GAME take games back within 28 days only if they're unopened. If you've taken off the manufacturer seal/GAME seal you're stuck with the game unless it's faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

unless it's faulty.

in which case you will be offered a replacement...

• Advertisement

What if the disc isn't faulty but the game doesn't seem to be compatible with your hardware despite meeting the requirements on the back of the box. Surely they have to do something for you in that situation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

maybe, if youre nice, you could pick out a different game. dont go coming in with all this "i know my rights" crap, 99% of people who say that dont have a clue and it wont get them anywhere being agressive.

Advertisement