Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

In love with MINI Cooper

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've had about 15 now, and my girlfriend also drives one. The Electric Blue you see there is a very unusual colour, and is now discontinued. Reliability wise, they're cracking, nothing really goes wrong.

Downsides? Not the biggest boot, and the backseats are only okay for people up to 5'8.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

The wife has a '07 MINI cooper I love driving it great fun on the twisty stuff 120bhp so nippy away from the lights. Also 47mpg combined fuel consumption which is always good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I don't see what the hype is about them is really.

They're hugely overpriced for what you get, a tiny car.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

You're missing the point, if you want a big car buy an octavia (oh the boot!)
    The mini is the complete opposite and is about fun and driving dynamics, size doesn't matter (well not here anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Your best bet is to go to car mag sites -
    Autocar.co.uk 4car.com etc - they all do unbiased reviews which is a lot more than you'll get here.
    You also need to go drive one and see how it suits you not anyone else - don't decided to buy it before you even get to the dealership - its harder to think straight and your less likely to push for a good deal. Perhaps drive a different one than that one so the love blindness is gone on test drive day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭The Machine

The Mini is a great car but the new Fiat 500 looks good too. Not out till early '08.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/rt/fiat/500/2162/2

Food for thought...

Any motoring enthusiast would disagree. And even though I'm biased, threads on here will show you they're a premium small car, have extremely cheap service costs (250 Euro for 5 years), and the highest resale the motor trade has seen in a long time. They also deliver excellent fuel economy. Blow 22 grand on anything else, and see how much it looses in 3 years. The MINI is cheap motoring in terms of ownership cost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CoolGuy1

I'm getting a brand new one very soon and can't wait!

The MINI (any model) is an absolutely fantastic car - cool, funky, great attention to detail, great styling and nice little expensive touches everywhere you look, great build quality, great looking and actually quite a prestigious little car! The interior is a work of art, they hardly depreciate at all, have great fuel economy, have the maximum five NCAP safety stars, are entertaining to drive, I mean, what can I say, they're great!

And practicality? It's not cool to be practical - and the MINI's impracticality almost adds to its appeal as a sub-zero cool car!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A3 is overpriced, price of the MINI is justified IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ryan85

i've had two and have one for sale at the minute......brilliant cars. brother also had one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

colm_mcm wrote:
    A3 is overpriced, price of the MINI is justified IMO.

Why?

Because the A3 is a basically a Golf crap again?

Explain why the price of a mini is justified.

IMO the cooperS is the only model a bloke can get away with driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

can i ask are yis all men raving about it? it is a lovely car and id love one, but i theres just something too feminine about it. what do people think?

People think that discussion has been done to death in several threads. Use the search function to find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭AlanAhern

ah the mini, one of my secret loves!! if you talk to a true mini entusiasts though most of them dont like the new mini and prefere the old one. like myself. oldschool is best!! There is something very feminine about the new mini, but something funky to. i personally wouldnt buy one unless it was the S.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

VeVeX wrote:
    Why?

Because the A3 is a basically a Golf crap again?

Explain why the price of a mini is justified.

IMO the cooperS is the only model a bloke can get away with driving.

It's not EVEN a Golf.

Advertisement