Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Colliers driving school in Finglas

Options
  • 24-08-2007 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,845 ✭✭✭

I will be taking my driving test in Finglas in the middle of September and was thinking of having a couple of lessons & pretests with Colliers driving school. Has anyone any experiences with them (for or against). Also has anyone taken their test in Finglas and if so would you have any advice or tips?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Had my test about 9 years ago and was thought by Nick Collier. Don't know if he's still involved but he was a brilliant instructor and I would highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I did the artic lessons with Nicky Collier. I loved his attitude but it may not be for the faint hearted.

I did the rigid lessons with Colliers also but I can't remember the instructors name.

Re: Finglas - I did all my different tests there and can't think of anything to merit complaining about. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I passed my test (second time , first was in Churchtown centre) there.
    There's no hill test there as the routes are all pretty flat.
    Other than that, know your roundabouts - the Finglas area is full of big ones, small ones and little ones, that part you MUST know backwards, as you'll met loads of them on your route - on the Churchtown one i only went through one.

As to Colliers school, I cannot comment as I didn't use them.
    That said - cannot recommend Harold from the The Temple School Of motoring highly enough.
    He really knows his stuff and fixed a lot of errors in my driving which to my mind were part of poor prior instruction from the first instructor I had before the Churchtown test from another school. He was recommended by another boardsie here and really helped me.
    He even sat in with me in the test centre before I was called and really helped calm my nerves as I was in bits tbh before the test!.

That's over a year ago now and no points and no accidents, still driving exactly how he taught me - so he must have done something right :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

so did ya get yer pre test lessons from colliers? Im doing my test in Finglas mid sept also and I dont know the area very well. All I know about finglas is its full of ramps and paint on round abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

so did ya get yer pre test lessons from colliers
    Just to clarify spooky dooky - what category test are you referring to?

The reason I ask is that Colliers are generally associated with truck (rigid and artic) driving lessons as that is what they started with. When I posted earlier I automatically presumed the OP was referring to a truck test. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement