Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox 360 error 74 - 1 red light

• 24-08-2007 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

ok so i turn on the 360 and pop in CoD3. running around the countryside and suddenly the screen melts... and i mean melts... green lines start flying across the screen and artifacts popping up here and there so i rush to turn off teh xbox. i let it cool for a sec then turn it back on. i was looking at power button and i saw a blinking red light and was wondering what it was.. then i look at the screen and see a page saying i have ERROR 74...

ok so as far as i found out this error comes about from it either overheating and/or playing it into the tv at 1080p ( which is what i was doing ). it couldn't have overheated coz i hadn't played it in about a week so i think i must've fried the GPU from running it at 1080p.

now my question is how would i go about getting it fixed? i'm pretty sure the warranty is over so how much would it cost to get it repaired? who do i call?

i just wanna get it repaired and trade it in against a 360 elite so i can officially run it at 1080p through HDMI.

any info would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Jonakin

You can get it repaired the warranty is for 3 years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

i just read that there but i saw it saying its only for the ring of death. i don't have the ring of death but only 1 sector of it is red. does that matter? am i still covered for 3 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

miece16 wrote:
    i just read that there but i saw it saying its only for the ring of death. i don't have the ring of death but only 1 sector of it is red. does that matter? am i still covered for 3 years?

Lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Jonakin

so that means i have to send it in?

• Advertisement

Lie.

stfu?

Advertisement