Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloody Typical. 3 Red lights, little advice please.

• 24-08-2007 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭

Got bioshock, put it in the 360 and BANG, 3 Red rings. Bugger.

So, anyone got any advice on where i can get a cardboard box the right size for sending the console off in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Lol that sucks. Its probably because its quite graphics intensive so it produces a lot of heat on the graphics chip which causes cold solder joints and then you've got the ring of death. Kick up a stink on the phone and they might throw in a game with the repair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Jonakin

I just got 1 last night as well when my brother just slightly bumped into it.
    I unplugged everything and left it off til the morning and it still works now or else try the towel trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ceidefields

You could try putting the power supply in a bowl of water while it's plugged in like that fella in the US...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

three red lights can mean that cables at the back are loose for plugging into your telly. i got 3 red lights thought it was ****ed checked that all the connections weren't loose.

one of them was for the graphics, pushed it back and voila green lights all around instantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

miju wrote:
    three red lights can mean that cables at the back are loose for plugging into your telly. i got 3 red lights thought it was ****ed checked that all the connections weren't loose.

one of them was for the graphics, pushed it back and voila green lights all around instantly
    nah - i can see it on the tv/monitor (tried with hd component and vga cables) so it is not that, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Tauren wrote:
    Got bioshock, put it in the 360 and BANG, 3 Red rings. Bugger.

So, anyone got any advice on where i can get a cardboard box the right size for sending the console off in.

Exact same thing just happened to me. Although it was freezing up for the last week. Just got off the phone with them twenty minutes ago. Still no sign of the labels in my email account, is that normal?

Just finished exams yesterday and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Exact same thing just happened to me. Although it was freezing up for the last week. Just got off the phone with them twenty minutes ago. Still no sign of the labels in my email account, is that normal?

Just finished exams yesterday and all.

For me the lables arrived with the guy from UPS who was picking it up. He just stuck them on himself and off he went. Got my 360 back 3 weeks later, same guy dropped it off and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Yea the UPS guy knew me as the guy with the xboxes he was collecting broken ones so often.

I just threw my first one in some random box off something else (I think it was motorbike boots or something) and they sent it back in a nice big padded box that was perfect for reusing all the other times it broke till I gave up completely.

I figure if its broke anyway who cares how well you pack it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

steviec wrote:
    Yea the UPS guy knew me as the guy with the xboxes he was collecting broken ones so often.

I just threw my first one in some random box off something else (I think it was motorbike boots or something) and they sent it back in a nice big padded box that was perfect for reusing all the other times it broke till I gave up completely.

I figure if its broke anyway who cares how well you pack it...
    at this point cereal boxes are being considered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

thank god i didn get bioshock so!!!
    like how long do most people have their xb before this happens, im starting to worry a little bout my baby!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I got mine at launch and got the RRoD after 18 months. I thought I was in the clear then all of a sudden bam. There was never any sign if it coming at all, there was no freezing leading up it. My 360 never froze at all.

Its back now anyway, have it two weeks and enjoying Bioshock.

Advertisement