Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood Pellet Boiler Showroom in Limerick?

Options
  • 24-08-2007 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi,

anyone know who has a wood pellet boiler showroom in Limerick city and suburbs?

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

There was one there in Greystones estate, think Its closed now though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

There was one there in Greystones estate, think Its closed now though

Nope still there last week anyway

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'd advise reading thoroughly about the entire wood pellet issue.

Grants are fine and dandy but there are problems. The wet climate means water content in the pellets is high, leading to combustion problems and rotten boilers. Storage is another difficulty.

I understand (from a friend in the trade who is ultra positive towards alternative fuels) that hoppers are also a problem area.

Check it out fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

hard to find people who have these problems. The salesman will tell you it's all perfect.

Maybe things like hopper problems are down to the type of boiler and hopper and maybe with smart dry storage the pellets will remain dry.

Where in Limerick is the greystones estatE?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

ninty9er wrote:
    Nope still there last week anyway

It was but it wasn't trading. Theres a sign on the window to say its moved but I can't remember where to. I saw some asian gentlemen looking over the place a couple of weeks ago. Maybe an Indian restaurant coming up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

there is a place in caherconlish advertising them, across from the filling station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jrwex49

i install a range of different pellet boilers in the south east and have the advantage of knowing the good from the bad as i have installed around 13 different types.
    i am available to contact if you need propper advice because there is alot of bad press out there at the moment.... jrsboilers@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

denismac wrote:
    It was but it wasn't trading. Theres a sign on the window to say its moved but I can't remember where to. I saw some asian gentlemen looking over the place a couple of weeks ago. Maybe an Indian restaurant coming up?

Stopped in to see if there was anything on the window giving a new location, but all there was was a sign suggesting it is to become an Indian food store

Advertisement