Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Check out my new Leather

Options
  • 24-08-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

I was posting on here for a while thinking about getting leather seats or a re-trim. I finally booked it in with Nolan Auto Care last week and had it done yesterday/today. I've taken a few pics for the car perverts on Boards, unfortunately I neglected to take before photos but the cloth was in poor shape. Enjoy!

dsc00229la8.th.jpg
    dsc00230jl0.th.jpg
    dsc00231yz6.th.jpg
    dsc00232yb9.th.jpg
    dsc00233sb4.th.jpg
    dsc00234ce5.th.jpg
    Actually, I have one (poor) before picture:
    dsc00219oq1.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

How much did it set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

€400. That included rebuilding the cushions on the driver's seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Nice one - looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Is that €400 for a re trim of your old seats in leather ?
    That seems really good value. I am currently getting a chair in the house done paying way more and its a far simpler job than a car seat !

The €400 was for a genuine Toyota leather kit that was lying around surplus. The covers were put onto my existing seats.

One of the big problems with the previous interior was cigarette burns all over the place.* Mostly on the door cards. There are now only two or three cigarette burns left, one on the headlining and one or two on the sun visors. I think I will try and get replacement sun visors and then see if I can tone down the last one in the headlining.

*What scumbag buys a ~€40k car and puts cigarette burns all over it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ballooba wrote:
    *What scumbag buys a ~€40k car and puts cigarette burns all over it?

Especially on the sunvisor. How would you even go about doing that? I very rarely touch my sunvisors, let alone do them damage.

The problem with commercial vehicles is that an awfull lot of people treat them like skips and dont take care of them ( interior wise). They end up filthy and full of tears etc.

Personnally I treat my van the same as I treat my safrane, with care. I got it 3 weeks ago and its had two fairly vigorous cleans so far. I just don tlike being in a dirty car/van.

Stekelly wrote:
    Especially on the sunvisor. How would you even go about doing that? I very rarely touch my sunvisors, let alone do them damage.
    God knows.

Stekelly wrote:
    The problem with commercial vehicles is that an awfull lot of people treat them like skips and dont take care of them ( interior wise). They end up filthy and full of tears etc.

Personnally I treat my van the same as I treat my safrane, with care. I got it 3 weeks ago and its had two fairly vigorous cleans so far. I just don tlike being in a dirty car/van.
    Exactly, it's like working in a dirty office surrounded by apple butts and crusty coffee mugs. Not pleasant.

Although it's costing me a little bit, my auto will be in a lot better shape for the next person who buys her. Hopefully that won't be for a long long time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Impressive price you got. Any idea how much it would have been if you had back seats too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Very nice, you and the missus will have to christen (sp) them!!:D

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ballooba wrote:
    What scumbag buys a ~€40k car and puts cigarette burns all over it?
    Maybe a female or metrosexual chain smoker who touches up their hair a lot?

[edit] Didn't realise it's a van. Maybe a scumbag employee about to be fired getting revenge? [/edit]

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

We use Nolans for fitting all genuine Toyota leather kits, very good quality work. he also does soft tops.

Stephen wrote:
    Impressive price you got. Any idea how much it would have been if you had back seats too?
    He only had the bits for a commercial. I'd say that is the main reason for the price.

Advertisement