Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help required - odd number calling me

Options
  • 24-08-2007 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭

Mods, if this isn't the correct forum then please feel free to shift it.

Can anyone help with this?

I get around 30/40 calls a day from 08183651350 - yet when I pick up the phone there is no one there the phone just beeps once then goes dead.

Any ideas?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

keefg wrote:
    Mods, if this isn't the correct forum then please feel free to shift it.

Can anyone help with this?

I get around 30/40 calls a day from 08183651350 - yet when I pick up the phone there is no one there the phone just beeps once then goes dead.

Any ideas?

thanks

Might be some kind of automated Tele marketter, complain to your service provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Yep called them. They said "Nothing to do with us, can't help you. Goodbye"

Ya just can't beat good ol' customer service :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lykke

Check this out it might help the number is something to do with sending an sms message to a landline
    www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-182054.html

rgds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Yeah its's someone texting you... because it fails to receive it rings again and again.. get your self a cordless with sms compatability..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Is this to a landline? I had that a few years back. A company thought my home number was a fax line for one of their offices. They called every other week and all I got was a beep. I hooked my modem up and setup fax for windows, and answered the call and got their faxes.

Turns out it was a office inventory list they were sending the time I got the fax. I called them up at the number on the header of their fax, and told them the story, and started reading off the fax (which was marked confidential) and they promptly apologised and I didn't hear from them again.

Companies tend to be more open to your complaints once you get a hold of their confidential faxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

that looks like a VOIP number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Guys..
    Eircom sms service center numbers

Service centre 1: 17409900
    Service centre 2: 08183651350

this was pointed out in a previous post..:D

Advertisement