Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing date for Hibernia

Options
  • 24-08-2007 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,
    It's my first time using this so I hope I'm in the right place. Can someone please tell me when the closing date for applications to Hibernia Dip in primary teaching is?
    On their site they say they are currently accepting applications but I am hoping to gain teaching experience before applying so I can put this in my application. Does anyone know when the closing date is please?

Also is unpaid work experience as valuable as paid substitute teaching?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭-Lithium-

In answer to your first question, there is no closing date for applications. The course starts twice a year so interviews take place continuously.

As for the work experience v substitute teaching, I would imagine they'd be happy with both. But I would recommend you throw yourself in the deep end and sub for a while. You'll learn more about yourself and you'll get a better sense of the realities of teaching. It'll also help in the long run with your teaching practice on the course because standing up in front of a class will be something you'll have experienced and mastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 missym

Thanks a million for that

Advertisement