Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG! Help Please - I'm beginning to worry.

• 24-08-2007 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

OK so here is the jazz. I got 365 points in the Leaving Cert. I applied for (Level 6/7) Creative Multimedia in Dundalk and (Level 8) Games Development in Dundalk.

I got offered both when the CAO offers came out. (Happy Days, right?) But I got nothing by post, only via the website. I'm still waiting for anything from the CAO by post. Is this normal?

I didn't accept either until last night at about 9pm. I accepted the Creative Multimedia course. So, this morning I got some post from DKIT congratulating me on my place in the course. How could they send the post THAT fast?

But the problem is that the course code on the front of the envelope is the course code of the Games Development course NOT the Creative Multimedia one. On the inside sheets there is a weird course code. It is neither the Games Development on nor the Creative Multimedia one. I'm guessing that it is a college timetable code or something internal. /I googled the first part of the code and the Games Development Course is cropping up everywhere. :(

Ok, so what do I do? On the CAO site it still says that I have accepted the Creative Multimedia course! Did I get the envelope for DKIT just because both of my Level 7/8 courses are from there and they just assumed that I would want to do the level 8 one or do you think that there is a mix up somewhere. If so, who can I speak to? Is this in the CAO's hands or the Colleges hands now?

Or do you think it's too early to panic. Should I wait until the post comes on Monday and hope that the "proper Application" comes?

Thanks for listening and I am appreciative for ANY advice/help/words of wisdoms etc. that anyone can give.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

You should have gotten the offer by post, but it doesn't really matter since you accepted online.

Call the college and make an enquiry. It's out of the CAO's hands now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I'm gonna call the college tomorrow. I'm not gonna get anyone at this stage...

Surely they can't let my place in the Creative Multimedia course go until the 28th, can they? So, theoretically, it is safe until that date, yes?

I really really hope I get Creative Multimedia because I don't want to do Games Development now. And tbh, I think I'd rather take a year out than do anything else. And I don't want to take a year out either, if you know what I mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Well they can't give the place away until the second round offers theoretically, but its not your fault so you're entitled to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

It is probably just a mail shot from Dundalk to all students who got an offer, you would probably get 2 mailshots, one for each offer.

One letter arrived before the other.

Best option might be to check the DKIT site and email the admissions office, or the head of dept of the computing course.

THe letter ariving is probably just a coincidence.

Best of luck with your course.

dingding wrote:
    THe letter ariving is probably just a coincidence.

Best of luck with your course.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm just hoping that that is the case.

I was told by a friend that if the CAO have allocated the place for me then that's the place I'm supposed to get. It must be a mistake with the College administration or something...

Anyway, this is what I see on the CAO website.

4209462210a5368642394l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 goneforapuff

Relax, Dingding is correct. The course you accepted online is what you get. The colleges mailshot people as a "welcome" or something, trying to be helpful.

Read it again, it probably says "you have been offered" as against "you have accepted".

Enjoy your weekend. Then check with the college on Monday, for your own peace of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

im...LOST wrote:
    Thanks.

Yeah, I'm just hoping that that is the case.

I was told by a friend that if the CAO have allocated the place for me then that's the place I'm supposed to get. It must be a mistake with the College administration or something...

Anyway, this is what I see on the CAO website.

4209462210a5368642394l.jpg

Looks like you are OK, you have accepted your course and you have just got one of your welcome letters for DKIT

Enjoy your course.

Got a letter in the post this morning with all the info for Creative Multimedia. :D

Thanks guys for all the help. Very much appreciated and enjoy your courses whenever you all start! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Hi 'im lost'

can you, or anyone else, give some info on the course you did because i am interseted in doing a multimedia course next year.

could you tell me the following,

-what are the main contents of the course you do?
    -are there a lot of lectures or is it mainly practical work?
    -did you get any work expierience?
    -and do you have a job involved with multimedia?
    -also what is night life like in dundalk?;)

would be greatful if anybody could give me any info on multimedia courses they did.

thanks.

Advertisement