Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which of these 4 laptops is best?

• 24-08-2007 7:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

This is a laptop for uni, but mainly for my room, so portability/battery life isn't the most crucial thing). I won't be doing much gaming on it other than Football Manager (not very graphic intensive).

Please take into account the cost (otherwise it will obviously simply be the most expensive one that's best), and feel free to recommend a better deal if you know of one!

Apologies for the prices being in £s, I copied it from a post on another forum. It should still give you an idea of the difference between the prices though.

Laptop A
    CPU: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52
    GFX: NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 6150
    RAM : 1024
    HDD: 120 gb
    And a card reader thing
    £445 inc VAT

Laptop B
    Same as above except,
    CPU: Intel Pentium dual core processor T2080
    GFX: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
    £430 inc VAT

Laptop C

Same as Laptop B except
    2gb RAM
    £499 inc VAT & Shipping

Laptop D
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Mobile Technology TK53
    RAM: 2gb
    GFX: ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 HyperMemory (integrated)
    £387 inc VAT & Shipping

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Processor speeds practically identical, graphics all integrated type but the last probably marginally better. You haven't said what OS they all have but presuming it's a flavour of Vista, having 2GB ram is worthwhile. Overall, whilst the last one has the oldest (I believe?) Processor, I'd tend to go for it anyway as having the best value per buck....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

C or D. Personally, I would go for the former.

Not much between the two, TBH, so you need to look at other specs, such as hard drive space, memory card reader, integrated camera to distinguish which is marginally better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

tom dunne wrote:
    so you need to look at other specs, such as hard drive space, memory card reader, integrated camera to distinguish which is marginally better.
    The rest of the specs are the same (120GB hard drive), Windows Vista, no camera.

What do I need a card reader for (don't say to read cards >_>)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

To give one laptop the edge over another and make the decision easier for you.

If you don't neet it, then it's a non-issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

The rest of the specs are the same (120GB hard drive), Windows Vista, no camera.

It's handy if you have a digital camera as you don't need to keep a USB cable handy. You can just use the media card and put it into the reader. As long as the card is supported by the reader.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Defo Laptop D for me, best all rounder and it's the cheapest to boot.

Advertisement