Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda CRV quirks

Options
  • 24-08-2007 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I've a 05 CRV and now and again have problems getting it into reverse.

I was told by a main dealer, to put my foot on the clutch for 4 seconds before attemptng to put it in reverse...
    I find this a bit strange, has anyone else experienced anything like this on the 02 - 06 Honda CRV? Have they been told something similar. Are there any mechanics out there that could offer a plausible explaintation why this would work.
    While I'm at it, the car sometimes doesn't start. It tries to turn over but dies... this has been getting more prevalent, and now if it happens once it is likely to fail the second time too. If I put my foot on the accellerator and try it will always work as the extra revs seem to kick it in. I though it might be the immobiliser or the battery/altenator but all checks show up nothing.

Again anybody else have a similar problem/ Or any mechanics to offer advice.
    I totally admit I know nothing about the mechanics of a car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

I've a 05 CRV and now and again have problems getting it into reverse...While I'm at it, the car sometimes doesn't start. It tries to turn over but dies... this has been getting more prevalent, and now if it happens once it is likely to fail the second time too...

Doesn't sound right TBH. I have an 02 and other members of my family have had one, never with this Reverse selection problem. The keep you foot on the clutch for 4 is a bit of a cop-out I think. If the car is stopped, you should be able to depress the clutch and go straight to reverse. Once in a blue moon it may require you to move through some other gear, but we are talking once or twice a year max. Push the dealer on this - they can be lazy about this. Actually check to see if there's a TSB on the issue. Honda have a good warranty on their cars but some of the dealers aren't really interested.

Re the starting problem we actually did have it. The throttle body needed to be cleaned. Once done the problem went away. Don't know if its your problem but worth checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Nothing on the TSB list re the gearbox -

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40

Still won't let this lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭rogue.goofball

Cheers Jayok,
    I'll push harder, as it is in both the honda and dealer warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

Cheers Jayok,
    I'll push harder, as it is in both the honda and dealer warranty.

Those Hondas are just not what people think they are. Should have got an Alfa:D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭rogue.goofball

Ohh my mate has an alfa...
    I'm sure it is great to drive, but it's getting old in the tooth and the repair bills just keep getting higher - god love him!

• Advertisement
Advertisement