Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best pubs/clubs in galway for hooking up

Options
  • 24-08-2007 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

If your out on the pull in galway whats the best pubs and night clubs to go to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

club: cp's...total meat market :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

Stranos is a great place for creeps like you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Back in the day Buskers used to be good, as was Front Door but Front Door so packed these days I really don't know! As for clubs, never had any luck there myself as I never got off the dance-floor so never had a chance!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Look out galway here he comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

I hear that the ladies of the GPO are of the finest breeding and standards, and their families have generous dowries on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

toiletduck wrote:
    I hear that the ladies of the GPO are of the finest breeding and standards, and their families have generous dowries on offer.

I'm pretty sure anyone trying to hook up in a nightclub isn't looking for ladies of the finest breeding and standards!

If they are they will be sadly disappointed, the ladies may well be there, but under heavy disguise

Was that a joke cos it's kinda funny?!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

MattKid wrote:
    the ladies may well be there, but under heavy disguise
    Wearing fat suits :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Back in the day Buskers used to be good, as was Front Door but Front Door so packed these days I really don't know! As for clubs, never had any luck there myself as I never got off the dance-floor so never had a chance!

Front Door's still good........ ;);)

Good to hear!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Heard Halo's the spot, be there between 11 and 11.30 to get in,
    if you don't manage to get in I'd recommend going back to somewhere like the Living Room (even though I think it's a gay bar or place where culchies hang out who think their coo in stripey shirtsl!)
    if that doesn't work there's always Supermacs,
    if that doesn't work there's always fisticuffs outside and a nice trip to the hospital.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Counter of Supermac's, 2:30am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Bex81

If you cant pull between the 15 year olds in the GPO and the counter of Tastymacs, you might as well consider celibacy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Bex81 wrote:
    If you cant pull between the 15 year olds in the GPO and the counter of Tastymacs, you might as well consider celibacy;)
    or you might want to consider not being a paedophile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

DRakE wrote:
    or you might want to consider not being a paedophile.

Genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

Lemme see....I'm 'hooked up" already so I dont go out to hook up...lemme think... I used to be an avid clubber.

ok..

C.P's : Full of students,auld men (50+) that stand on the stairs to look down girls tops, farm boys and boy racers....not a great spot.

Halo: My usual, but very pretentious, full of the "L'Orange dollybird crowd" but you meet loads of people by the back bars (with the bhuddas). Great music.

Karma (formerly The Alley): Full of foreigners, not the best.

The Living Room: Great for everyone!!! open 'til 2 am wknds, practically a club and theres a different influx of people almost every 20 mins (club/barhoppers) AND IT'S FREE

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

Directed @ all pedos :);

Girls that know they're hot are not a problem. It's just the young ones that haven't gotten over it yet, and are surrounded by young boys that haven't gotten over it yet. They'll be great when they're... fully cooked.

Try women, they're waaaay more fun. I'm meeting one tonight, I'll ask if she has friends. :D

Actually, I found the Quays to be a good night out. You might not bring anyone home but I've had good fun there most nights. Helps if you're willing to hit the dance floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Aura

Try the Róisín.

Seems Front Door was great lastnight...3 of my friends scored...very good colour on those cheeks at work this morning & 2 got texts...so potential there I think!
    Halo on Saturdays, my friend (male) claims standing near the bars or near the steps at the bridge upstairs never fails...and I'd believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement