Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22 velocity with short barrels

Options
  • 24-08-2007 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know at what length of the barrel the .22lr high velocity and suubsonic peak at.I think its around 14 inches but im not sure.

I dunno did anyone see the new cz american in .22.It has a 16 inch barrel standard with factory threads .It would make a very neat and handy bunny rifle.

would there be much of a noise difference between the two lengths?

remmy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Factory seems to be 16" but I believe 14" is ok

Heard CZ with 16" barrel fired bedise std barrel and shorter barrel seemed louder but this was without moderators

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Banjax

I'd agree with that, I've seen some old semi auto rimfire rifles that have very short barrels, and it didn't seem to make a bit of difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

The .22lr round reaches maximum velocity after 15". There are other accuracy issues with a short barrel that were discussed on another thread. The distance you are shooting to is a factor.

Advertisement