Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Good

• 24-08-2007 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Am i the only one who thinks gtaIV might be crap. i mean i'm a guy who loves to go around messing shooting a load of people, i mean thats what i did in the other games but in the next one you take out your gun and everybody runs away. i dont care if its realistic it would be crap.
    just one big city, i loved the mountain and countryside in san andreas but just a city with no planes either and most likely no jetpack. God the cheats better be good because i have a feeling i'm gonna be needing them in order to enjoy the next game coz i have a feeling i may be disappointed, i hope not but i think i will

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

You must have really f*ckin' hated GTA III then!
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

no tbh because it was really good for its time and there was no other game like it but i thought they'd make gta IV better than san andreas but i dont think they will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Oman wrote:
    no tbh because it was really good for its time and there was no other game like it but i thought they'd make gta IV better than san andreas but i dont think they will

I found SA bloated personally, the map was far too big for the amount of missions in it. If they're gonna make a big game, give it some content then. But how much of Red County did we to navigate through, just to chase a train to shoot some thugs off the top of it?

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'm feeling up & down my self about it. Realism is brill in FPS and racers ect. but GTA just seems to much fun for realism (if that makes any sence).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Oman wrote:
    Am i the only one who thinks gtaIV might be crap. i mean i'm a guy who loves to go around messing shooting a load of people, i mean thats what i did in the other games but in the next one you take out your gun and everybody runs away. i dont care if its realistic it would be crap.
    just one big city, i loved the mountain and countryside in san andreas but just a city with no planes either and most likely no jetpack. God the cheats better be good because i have a feeling i'm gonna be needing them in order to enjoy the next game coz i have a feeling i may be disappointed, i hope not but i think i will

If they run away they just harder targets, dont see the problem really. Would rather go on a rampage and have people actually runing away from me then saying "oh you cant do that". makes perfect sesne to give them some AI and hopefully some of them will guns out shoot back.

kdjac

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Mmmm, your point made kdjac is a good one but realism in the other GTA games didn't make it enjoyable. What did is the fact they knew how to make it fun. Thats all that counts in a GTA game... fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Oman: You can only tell if GTA IV will be bad when it is released really. It's an unfinished product right now even when they are releasing promo material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

ya i suppose but everything i heard about it so far i didn.t like but hopefully i'm wrong and it'll be the best game ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

KdjaCL wrote:
    If they run away they just harder targets, dont see the problem really. Would rather go on a rampage and have people actually runing away from me then saying "oh you cant do that". makes perfect sesne to give them some AI and hopefully some of them will guns out shoot back.
    +1

Now, now to kill someone in San Andreas, you go up, and shoot. In GTAV, when you take the gun out, they'll run, police will point their guns at you... excellent. A challange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I am looking forward to it, but then again im not entirely sure. It looks good and I like the fact of the whole realistic aspect of it with people running away when you have a gun. But im not sure if it will be as good as it's been made out to be. Still going to get it and give it a go alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement