Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning CDs?

Options
  • 24-08-2007 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭

:confused:

I'm trying to burn a mix lot of music onto a CD-R through Windows Media Player, but in the 'burn list' pane, it separates them into 'current disc' 'next disc' etc... so only like... 15song per 'disc'.
    Question is -- how do I amalgamate them so they will ALL go on the disc??

(p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

You're only able to fit 80 minutes of music onto a CD-R, so the only way to get all your songs on the one disc is if you create a Data-disc, which ca fit 800Mb of music on it. I'm sure most Cd-players don't read data discs though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I think I just figured that out... lol.. I feel so *stupid*...
    yeh 700MB discs, (I'd done data-discs before which is why I thought I could put lots on) but as audio discs only 80mins of music... hence the break up on my wmp.

But thank you kindly!!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Dregon wrote: »
    You're only able to fit 80 minutes of music onto a CD-R, so the only way to get all your songs on the one disc is if you create a Data-disc, which ca fit 800Mb of music on it. I'm sure most Cd-players don't read data discs though

I have a problem. I'm trying to burn music to a CD-R but when I do it's coping a massive amount of music which then won't play on a CD player. So it seems like my laptop is randomly making my CD-Rs behave like Data-discs. What the? How did this happen? How do I make it stop (before I smash the laptop thru the telly)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭dmc17

bazarakus wrote: »
    I have a problem. I'm trying to burn music to a CD-R but when I do it's coping a massive amount of music which then won't play on a CD player. So it seems like my laptop is randomly making my CD-Rs behave like Data-discs. What the? How did this happen? How do I make it stop (before I smash the laptop thru the telly)

You're most probably making an "mp3 cd" as opposed to an audio cd. See if you have an option to change this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

dmc17 wrote: »
    You're most probably making an "mp3 cd" as opposed to an audio cd. See if you have an option to change this

Spot on. Fixed. Tanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭dmc17

bazarakus wrote: »
    Spot on. Fixed. Tanks a million.

No problem

Advertisement