Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skiing in March

• 24-08-2007 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hello all,
    Was thinking about going skiing next March (first timer!!) and am looking you who mighht know what you're talking about for some advice on where to start. Basic questions are:
    Is there good snow at this time of the year?
    Where to go?
    Any good websites?
    Companies too book with?
    Story with ski passes, hiring ski clothes???
    Are these inclusive along with accommodation??

Thanks in advance for all your help. I'm a complete rookie with this!!:D

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

March is getting to the end of the season, so conditions might not be so good. End Jan/start Feb is probably the best bet, but March will be cheaper generally. Andorra or Livigno are very beginner friendly places to go, and there are good social aspects to these places as well.

Panorama or Top Flight are probably as good places as any to look. They have websites and any travel agent will have brochures for these and other companies as well. If you book through one of these companies you will have various options such as booking different accomodation, ski passes, ski equipment and lessons. These vary in price from resort to resort generally, but are not inclusive. If you go through a travel agent they will be able to help you get what you need. As for hiring ski clothes, there are plenty of places that do them, but if you think you might be going again then it will probably be best to buy your own salopettes (pants) and jacket, as you will payover 30% of the cost to buy to rent them generally from what I remember of my first time going.

If you have any more specific questions, ask here and iI'm sure someone will help you. It might work out cheaper to book direct, but travel agents are less hassle in general, so for a first timer I would recommend this way.

Advertisement